Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Recipe for Zoo item

Re: Recipe for Zoo item

Sorry, I meant white space, there is no box.

Cheers.

MattF
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Hi Matt,

I'd suggest that you turn on MetaMod Advanced Debugging (it's one of the options in the MetaMod configuration). This might give some more pointers about what's going on.

The way you have the rule set up looks fine - it's going to check to see that you are in the com_zoo component, and that you are viewing an item, and that there's a category_id of 93. If all those are true, it will import module ID 95.

The white box that you see is probably the result of the MetaMod itself being displayed. Depending on exactly how the CSS/HTML is set up on your template, space may end up being reserved for the MetaMod module even when it's not including the target module. To stop this happening, check out some of the hints on this page.

Advanced Debug mode should indicate what's going on when you are the page where you think that the target module should appear, but is not appearing. You'll see a PHP rule generated on that page which will be a little bit similar to the one you are using. If you like, you can post it on the forum here and I'll tell you if you need to modify the one you're using at the moment.

Hope to hear from you,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks Stephen,

Okay, well I've turned on advanced debug and it's returning the following on the target page (item view):

and the following on the category view:

Kind of confused, thought I'd post this quick whilst your still on-line as hope I might catch you, the site is due to go live soon and I really need this module working. Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Matt.

MattF
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi Matt,

can you just tell me which page(s) you want the module to appear on? e.g. the 1st, or the 2nd, or both of the "debug" pages above?

The 1st one seems to be straight forward. It detects that you are viewing Zoo item 157.

The 2nd one is not so clear-cut. It appears to be displaying a Zoo category, but it's not actually specifying which category, at least in the URL. It's possible that there's more information about it stored in the database, so requires a database lookup to get the extra info, but you may be able to clarify this -- e.g. do you know if this is actually displaying a particular category? Or all categories?

It's really important to know exactly what you are aiming for, as there are so many possibilities. Is it "all detail view pages where the item is in a particular category", or "all detail view pages for particular items", or "all category view pages" or "all category view pages for a certain set of categories", or some mixture of these?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

No problem,

Well I'm trying to achieve a couple of things here.

1) I need to place a certain two modules on every item view in three specific categories.
So if a user views an item in categories 80, 83 or 93 they will see my two modules in the 'right' position.

2) I need to place a different two modules on the category views of cats 80 and 93.
So if a user views the category view they will see the different two modules in the 'right' position.

The problem I have with Zoo is that if you place a module on the category view then it will also show up on the item view, and there is no way to assign a module to just item view alone.

In reply, yes the first debug is for item 157 aka:
/index.php?option=com_zoo&task=item&item_id=157&Itemid=93

the second debug is the view of that category, to which the item belongs in aka:
/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=category&Itemid=93

In regards to the first thing I'm trying to achieve, I think your "all detail view pages where the item is in a particular category" description fits that best.

And the second, "all category view pages for a certain set of categories" sounds about right.

Many thanks,
Matt.

MattF
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Bingo!

Managed to get somewhere near my first step with the following code.

I'll have a play, see where I get and post up how I get on.

Thanks so much for your help!
Matt.

MattF
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi Stephen,

I've tweaked the modules sufficiently in order to get the desired positions and everything's working great, so thank-you!

Just a final query, can MetaMod load menus without the end result looking like it's rendering it inside the module?

Cheers,
Matt.

MattF
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi Matt,

that's a FAQ: http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/faq/2 … th-matamod

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi, sorry if i resume an old thread, but i have also some problem with zoo, i try to follow the instruction on this thread but it doesn't work.

I need to place a modules only in the frontepage where is shown the category 20. So if a user views the category view he will see the module 148 and if the user views the item view he can't see it.

The problem I have with Zoo is that if you place a module on the category view then it will also show up on the item view, and there is no way to assign a module to just item view alone.

Thanks for all!

Michael

Calomnos
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi Michael,

can you turn on Advanced Debug mode in the MetaMod, then view the affected pages? e.g. the page where you want the module to appear, and the one where you don't want it to appear?

Then, can you copy and paste the Debug output into the forum so I can check the URL parameters in each case?

It's likely to be a fairly simple piece of PHP required, and the Advanced Debug will do most of the work for me smile

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: