Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Restrict Categories in DjClassifieds

Restrict Categories in DjClassifieds

Hello,
I'm using DjClassifiieds and I was just wondering if I can use this mod the restrict content for some categories. I basically have a dating category and I would like to make so that only registered user can see the content of that category...

Any help appreciated!
P.S. I've already searched similar topics but didn't find the info I need...

Squash0
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Restrict Categories in DjClassifieds

Hi Squash0,

you may possibly be able to use MetaMod for this. The first thing to find out is how MetaMod will detect the category that you are viewing.

I suggest that you create a MetaMod and assign it to ALL pages (and a valid module position) then turn on advanced debug mode inside the MetaMod. Then view some of the category and item pages inside that category. Look at what the MetaMod displays on the front end. It will spit out some PHP code for detecting what page it's currently on. If you're lucky one of the parameters available may include the category id. It's very likely you'll see a category id when you are viewing a category page, but a little less likely you'll see it when viewing an item page (though possible, here's hoping).

If you want to paste the output from that into a forum reply, then I'll take a look at it too and see if I can make sense of it for you.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: