Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Language switching

Language switching

we have installed chameleon on our test site,we have enabled the language switcher,when this particular plugin System - Chameleon is enabled,it fails to change the language upon switching though disabling this plugin didn't affect the actions of chameleon, so do we need this plugin and if we do,how to solve this problem?

it.devapps
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Language switching

Hi it.devapps,

Thanks for the bug report, and I'm sorry that I took so long to reply. I haven't seen this particular problem occur before.

The "System - Chameleon" plugin is vital for Chameleon. If it's not published then Chameleon doesn't work at all. If you thought it *was* still working then perhaps you were mistaken, or perhaps the page results were cached?

Can you tell me a bit more about your multi-language setup?
- is it done with standard Joomla tools? (e.g. no extra multi-language component or SEF component like sh404SEF?)
- are you using menu associations?
- what exact version of Joomla are you using?
- what exact version of Chameleon are you using?
- did any of your Chameleon rules switch language using the Succed/Fail actions? If not, can you please describe what the Chameleon rules were doing? e.g. switching template, or other things?
- do you still get the error when the "System - Chameleon" plugin is turned on, but all Chameleon rules are UNpublished?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: