Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

HIDE FRONTPAGE MODULES IN VIRTUEMART PAGES

Re: HIDE FRONTPAGE MODULES IN VIRTUEMART PAGES

Yes, just turn off the title of the MetaMod. If it's the name of the included module that's showing, try using one of the other options in the "style for included modules" dropdown in MetaMod.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Got it, i just had to turn off the show title option.

Thanks one more time
Best regards
Patrik

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

metamodguy wrote:

So, what to do:
- essentially, the front page of your site is a normal front page. So we can use a JomGenius check for page type, which won't get confused by the mixed-up Itemids.
- set things up as in the Quick Start guide on this site (which you have probably already done)
- then use the following rule. This will include certain modules ONLY when the front page of the site is showing. This ensures that the modules do not get shown on any of the other VM pages are showing, even if they mistakenly have "Itemid=1":

if ( $core_genius->check("pagetype = frontpage") ) return XXX;

replace XXX with the module id that you want to include. If there's more than one, put them in quotes and comma-separate them like this: "101, 103, 2"

Hi Mate,

I have been playing with the instructions above for some time now with no luck.
The setup is as follows.

1)Frontpage is Joomla not VM.
2)Banners assigned to 'TEST' position are appearing in the 'product-details' page.
3)Have included the core-genius recipe as specified above in the metamod (also assigned to 'right')
3)Have unpublished modules I want to publish on the frontpage, but not in VM
4)The Quick module position or id include is set to 'TEST' while the MetaMod is correctly set to 'right'
5)I have set my dates to be from now till 2020 qas I want the modules to appear constantly.
6) the debug is this MetaMod debug info:
$option: com_virtuemart
$view:
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: Australia/Sydney
$language: en-gb
$language_code: en
$language_region: gb
Start date/time has been reached.
End date/time has not passed.
Including modules: TEST

But no matter what I do, I can't get the modules to unpublish in VM.
Would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

canvas
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

@canvas,

I think the issue for you is that you should not enter anything in the "Quick Module ID include" box. If you put anything in there, these will show up on every page that the MetaMod is assigned to (as long as the dates match). So just get rid of that.

Also, if you don't need any date restrictions, don't add anything in the Date boxes. Just leave them blank.

I think that should do it.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for looking into my post.

Hmm, have tried your suggestion with no luck.
I did the following.

1)Disabled the module (also tried it enabled as well)
2)Assigned the module to 'Right' not 'right_metamod'
3)Left the 'Quick Module ID include' blank
4)Placed the core_genius code in the PHP area.
5)Specified which id the module has (88) in the recipe
Result:
If module is published it appears on frontpage and VM
If unpublished does not appear at all.

This makes sense to me though, as metamod would have no control of it as it doesn't know what position it has.
So I'm thinking MEtamod can't tell if its the frontpage or not and is getting the wrong ID when on the product-details page.

When I do allocate a non template positiion, Metamod is enabling the module in VM as well.

Tricky stuff.

Would greatly appreciate any insights.

Cheers

canvas
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

I just thought - you never actually explained which pages you want the module to appear on, or not appear on. Can you tell me which ones?

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

No worries.

Ok this is the deal.
My client is using the default Joomla banner system (module 88) on the frontpage(Joomla, not VM).
As people have encounterd before, these same banners are appearing on the 'product_details' page which we dont want.

The product browse page (browse_5 template) is diplaying correctly (no banners). Ironically, I tested to see if I can get Metamod to draw in the banners into this page and it does perfectly. So I just need the reverse to happen on the details page.

Here is a link to the site
http://tinyurl.com/25e86g3

Something I haven't mentioned is that I am running the checkout as one page not the multiple page version. Not sure whether this may be an issue.

canvas
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Canvas,

I think you're probably coming across the problem where the links to the product details pages are including either no Itemid, or Itemid=1, which usually means the front page. So those pages inherit the modules that were assigned to the front page.

Therefore, we'll put the front page banners inside a MetaMod. And in that MetaMod we'll do a more accurate check to see if you're really on the front page or not. Result? Banners appear on the "real" front page.

Try this rule:

if ($core_genius->check("pagetype = frontpage") ) return 88; // 88 is your banner module

Naturally, you need to "disable" module 88, or set it to "none" menu items, so that it doesn't show up unless/until it's included in the MetaMod.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi,

I am using your module more months now, without any issues, but i was thinking about putting my NGISvmFeaturedProdCarousel not just only on front page, but on all products details page (i think it is flypage) under the product description. Is this possible somehow? i have tried editing my code, but did not succeed. I am using this code to show the module just on the front page:

if ( $core_genius->check("pagetype = frontpage") ) return 30;

thanks very much
Best regards

Patrik

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

HI Patrik,

You can find lots of different recipes for this sort of thing on this page: http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/recip … mart-pages

In your case, to make the module show up on the product details and vm frontpage (but no other pages), use this:

if ( $core_genius->check("pagetype = frontpage, shop.product_details") ) return 30;

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: