Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

HIDE FRONTPAGE MODULES IN VIRTUEMART PAGES

Re: HIDE FRONTPAGE MODULES IN VIRTUEMART PAGES

Hi Juan,

it sounds like you need quite a lot of help here...

1 - to assign VM to a menu item, you just need to go to one of your existing menus, and create a new menu item of type "VirtueMart". I see that at present, many of your VM pages have an Itemid of "1" which usually indicates that you haven't set up a menu for them.

If you don't want that menu item to actually be part of your main menu (as you probably don't), then create a new menu in the menu manager, e.g. call it "hidden", then create the menu item on that menu. That menu doesn't have to display anywhere; it just be just a placeholder, so that you have something to attach modules to.

This might solve quite a lot of your problems.

2 - then assign the VM module to that menu item using the module manager. When you do that, it will appear on ALL virtuemart pages that have "Itemid=XXX", where XXX is the new Itemid for the menu item you created.

3 - if you want the VM module to not appear on all of the VM pages, only some of them, then you could use a MetaMod to help you with that. So you would assign the MetaMod to the hidden VM menu item, then inside the MetaMod you would use some rules to selectively include other modules depending on what page it's on.

See MetaMod recipes for Virtuemart here.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Hi,
i have a similiar problem as mentioned before. Could you please help me? I have installed metamod, and i want to make one of my modules work just on the frontpage (it should not be there when somebody clicks product details.. etc). I have tried to make it as you have mentioned here, but it is not working. My module is not listed as an available module in metamod. Can this be somehow solved?

thank you very much

Best Regards
Patrik

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Hi Patricck20,

Can I suggest you take a look at this thread and see if this helps:

http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=381

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi,
thanks for the help. But nothing happens. I have unpublished the modul, but it is not loaded. Metamod module is enabled. Do i need to change anything else in the settings?

thank you very much

Best regards
Patrik

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

What happens if you turn on Debug mode in the MetaMod? Do you get any output from that? If you can't see any output at all from that, then perhaps you haven't assigned the MetaMod to the right menus.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi, thanks for the help,
This is my debug:

MetaMod debug info:
$option: com_content
$view: frontpage
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: default
$language: en-us
$language_code: en
$language_region: us
Start date/time has been reached.
End date/time has not passed.
Including modules:

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Hi Patrik,

that debug output shows that you are viewing the front page of your site, and it's a the standard Joomla "frontpage", not the VM "frontpage".

Can you confirm:
- is the first page of your site a Joomla "content" frontpage, or is it the Virtuemart "frontpage" (they are different)
- which pages do you want the modules to appear on? The frontpage of the site, or the Virtuemart "frontpage", or certain pages within Virtuemart?

It's all about the details :-)

You also said "My module is not listed as an available module in metamod". That's probably because you marked the target module as "unpublished". So click on the little box above the list of modules in MetaMod: "show disabled" and you'll see it listed there.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi, thanks for the post.
"is the first page of your site a Joomla "content" frontpage, or is it the Virtuemart "frontpage" (they are different)"
how can i check this?
i will PM you my sites address. I want to make my top modul appear just on the first page, which show special products,  but it is still there when i click a products details, or click on any VM category.

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Hi Patricck20,

It appears that the front page of your site is a standard Joomla "frontpage" - it's not the VM "frontpage" component.

You're also suffering from one of the real pains of VirtueMart - many of the links from the category links etc point to "Itemid=1". This is essentially saying "display this VM page, but make all the modules for the Front Page show on it as well". i.e. Itemid 1 is usually used for the front page of the site, so VirtueMart is very wrong to include that in the URL. It really confuses the module system which relies on the Itemid to indicate which menu item / page Joomla is on.

So, what to do:
- essentially, the front page of your site is a normal front page. So we can use a JomGenius check for page type, which won't get confused by the mixed-up Itemids.
- set things up as in the Quick Start guide on this site (which you have probably already done)
- then use the following rule. This will include certain modules ONLY when the front page of the site is showing. This ensures that the modules do not get shown on any of the other VM pages are showing, even if they mistakenly have "Itemid=1":

if ( $core_genius->check("pagetype = frontpage") ) return XXX;

replace XXX with the module id that you want to include. If there's more than one, put them in quotes and comma-separate them like this: "101, 103, 2"

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3330 Posts
User info in posts

Hi,
thanks very much, this solved my issue. Great product with great support smile

One more last question. Now above the module i see the modules name on the front page. Can it be somehow hidden?

thank smile

best regards
Patrik

Patricck20
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics: