Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

HIDE FRONTPAGE MODULES IN VIRTUEMART PAGES

Re: HIDE FRONTPAGE MODULES IN VIRTUEMART PAGES

Hi Stephen,

If you wish I can create an account for you to access the back office.

Let me know if you need one.

Cheers,

Marc

IMPACT360 wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your time.

Here are answers to your questions:

Quote: "I think I'm getting a little bit confused about "front page" and "virtuemart front page". Are these the same on your site?"

Answer: No they are not the same at all, but Virtuemart is using the frontpage as background. Virtuemart has been assigned to certain menu items.

Quote: "So I am looking at this page, and some of the inner pages, and I can't see which module is NOT on the front page, but IS on the category pages."

Answer: That's the problem, if a module is on the frontpage it's (unfortunately) on the category pages.

Quote:  "(1) which menu items the MetaMod modules are attached to? (e.g. "all", or "only the virtuemart menu item")"

Answer: Here's what we did:

1. Opened the module "JA SLIDESHOW", in Menu Assignment section selected the radio button marked “None”.
2. Created a new MetaMod module, called it "MOD JA SLIDESHOW"
3. Gave it the “position” we want it to appear in (JA SLIDESHOW)
4. Set “Published” to Yes
5. Assigned it to all pages Menu item
6. Used the following MetaMod PHP rule: if ($option != "com_virtuemart") return 59;

Quote: "(2) which modules are your target modules? I can't work out if it's the big one at the top, or the slightly smaller one underneath"

Answer: We first tried to get rid of one slideshow at a time. End of the day we would like to assign both slideshows to website's frontapge only. They are called JA Slideshow (ID 59) and JA Slideshow2 (ID 57)

Quote:"(3) what PHP rule you are using? "

Answer: if ($option != "com_virtuemart") return 59;

Again thank you for your time and help.

Cheers,

Marc

IMPACT360
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Hi Marc,

yes, I think it would be quicker just to log into your site and check all the setup! Could you PM me the login details? Thanks.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the login details - it's much easier to diagnose the situation now I can see it!

The situation is like this:
- the front page of your site is set to be a virtuemart "front page". This is using Itemid 1.
- you have some other virtuemart "front page" components as well, assigned to other menu ids, so we need to be able to distinguish between the "FRONT front-page" and the other front pages (e.g. E-BOUTIK on Itemid 54)
- you had the target module, id 59, published and assigned like any normal module. This was the biggest problem - once this was assigned, then nothing MetaMod does can stop it being published.

So here's what I did to fix it:
1 - unpublished the target module (59). Now it doesn't show up until MetaMod includes it.
2 - used the following rule in the MetaMod:

if ($option != "com_virtuemart") return 59;
if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar("page") == null and $Itemid == 1) return 59;

The first line allows the module to be shown on any non-Virtuemart pages. You may not want to allow that - so you can delete that line if you want to.
The second line checks for (i) a VM page, (ii) only the VM front page, because any other VM pages have a "page" parameter, and (iii) Itemid 1, so that only the very front page of the site is included. If you have VM front pages assigned to any other menu items, then they will not trigger the rule because of the different Itemid.

I hope this is what you wanted! Your situation was a little bit different to other VM sites that I have seen, because of the extra VM "front pages".

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

First of all thank you for your great support.

I didn't come back to you sooner because we tried to solve this by ourselves.

What we really need is the two modules (57 and 59) to be only on the website's frontpage. Trying to achieve this I erased the first line of your php rule. I also moved Virtuemart so it doesn't appear on the frontpage anymore.

Result is:

item 59 doesn't appear anywhere
item 57 (activated and not in php rule) appears everywhere (By the way, how do I ad item 57 to the php rule?)

We tried everything...you are our last hope!

Cheers,

Marc

IMPACT360
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts

Hi Marc,

Because you moved Virtuemart so that it doesn't appear on the front page, these rules stopped working. They were designed for the situation where the VM front page was the same as the site front page.

I see that you are now using the standard Joomla frontpage component for the front page.

I've just set this up for you - this is what I did:

1 - disabled module 57 and 59 in the module manager (so they don't show up except inside MetaMods)
2 - created 2 new MetaMods, one for each position (header and ja-slideshow)
3 - in the 1st MetaMod used this rule:

if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 59;

for the 2nd MetaMod:

if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 57;

I think this is now working for you.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for your great support. As a matter of fact it works fine now. We just have a last concern but it may be not related with Metamod. Since this last modification, we can access for example to "Accessories". Then if we click on a category of product for example "Pour le cou"

http://www.new.saishopweb.com/index.php … ;Itemid=51

We get a login form, which is unfortunate because our client's customers should be able to check the store without being registered. Do you think it's related to Virtuemart?

Anyway we wish to thank you again for your great support and we will spread the word about your products. My boss asked if you would like us to put on our website (free of charge of course) an article with product description and link to your website.

Cheers,

Marc

IMPACT360
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts

To find the reason for this, I looked in your Menu Manager, through all the menus, until I found the menu item with an id of 51 (right column when viewing menu items). 51 is the Itemid mentioned in the link you sent.

That menu item is in the "User menu" and is a bit strange:
Name: Submit an Article (!!!)
Access level: Special
Type: Virtuemart
ItemId: 51

So whenever someone follows that link, they are viewing this menu item, and it requires "special" permissions. e.g. admin/superadmin access.

If I were you I would change the title of the menu item (because it's nothing to do with submitting articles) and change it back to Public access, and the login screen will go away.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much, we overlooked this one.

Great support!

Cheers,

Marc

IMPACT360
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts

Hi Stephen,

I have this website for 6months and i have not been able to solve this...

I have the same problem as Marc, and i tried everything from this forum alone, but no success.
I want my front page modules not to appear on any other page(except front page). After clicking below „PONUDA“ on my website> to choose certain product categories>final product, the modules follow me there. But if i click on any article from joomla and then to categories from below „PONUDA“, it does not follow.

You can download pictures from this link: http://www.yousendit.com/download/THE0e … ME0wTVE9PQ

I use mod_product_categories to navigate trough components that we sell.
I call it PONUDA, see link „left“: www.plc-bh.com see picture (PONUDA = mod_product_categories) for the settings. See other pictures as well.
Do you think i need some new metamod to control mod_product_categories?

I tried this separately:  i turned off the normal modules and try with metamod to control them:

Metamod1
Mod_virtuemart_featureproduct
if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 27;

Metamod2
Mod_ja_vmproductslide
if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 33;

Metamod3
Mod_jaslideshow......35
if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 35;

Can you help me from the explanation above...
...or..Do you want me to create an account for you so you could check?

Any help is hugely appreciated!
Best Regards
Vedran

metamodguy wrote:

Hi Marc,

Because you moved Virtuemart so that it doesn't appear on the front page, these rules stopped working. They were designed for the situation where the VM front page was the same as the site front page.

I see that you are now using the standard Joomla frontpage component for the front page.

I've just set this up for you - this is what I did:

1 - disabled module 57 and 59 in the module manager (so they don't show up except inside MetaMods)
2 - created 2 new MetaMods, one for each position (header and ja-slideshow)
3 - in the 1st MetaMod used this rule:

if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 59;

for the 2nd MetaMod:

if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 57;

I think this is now working for you.

Best regards,
Stephen

PLCBH
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hello Stephen i hope that u can help with a little problem here i got the same issue described here, but i don't know how to assign a menu to the VM component , this is my website www.bambutown.com and what i need is that the big banner disappear in the virtuemart checkout but both the banner and the VM are assigned in the frontpage and i would like to change the VM assigned page to another one, this way i can preserve my banner in the frontpage. Thanks in advance.

juanalverto
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week: