Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Menu Module Display Problem

Menu Module Display Problem

Hi. I just have a quick question about MetaMod. Whenever I tell it to display a menu module (mod_mainmenu) that is only parent menu items and is set to start depth 0 and end depth 1, it shows fine. But if I try to display a menu module that is set at start depth 1 and end depth 3, so it only displays child menu items, it doesn't show at all. Is there a reason for this or something I need to add to the recipe maybe?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Michael

mcottier
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Menu Module Display Problem

Hi Michael,

that's puzzling. Is it 2 different modules that you are testing out (1 set to depth 0-1 and the other to 1-3), or are you just adjusting the settings on 1 single module, and merely adjusting the settings causes MetaMod to fail?

My feeling is that it's most likely that you're testing with 2 different modules, and there's something else that's different between those 2 modules that causes them to not display.

I would try testing this with just 1 target module, and try that module set to 0-1, then if that works change the parameters to 1-3 and repeat the test.

If that still fails, try assigning that module to the same page but in the normal way without MetaMod. Do the same test (0-1, then 1-3). Does it work? Do you get the same results as you did when using MetaMod?

Hope that helps to track it down,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Menu Module Display Problem

Thanks for your reply Stephen. I am trying one module for now, and I already tried everything you suggested. I changed the menu depth from 1 to 3, to 0 to 1, and it then showed the top level menu items just fine. I change it back and it shows nothing. And I also tried the module in the normal way without metamod and it shows the children items fine.

I am guessing metamod is reading it as empty because it can't read past the first menu level, or something along those lines. I am not sure if that could be fixed by a recipe or not. Probably a core change is needed. If you want access to my Joomla admin to play around with it just send me a message. In the meantime I am just creating a different menu where all of the parent items are aliased to the children items I want to show, and that shows fine because the aliases are top level  smile

mcottier
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today: