Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Can I use JomGenius to store a value in a database table?

Can I use JomGenius to store a value in a database table?

Hey Stephen, can I use the JomGenius in Metamodpro to update an element in a table?  I'm using a component JDirectory that creates a business directory.  When users add a listing to the directory, it automatically stores their user id to a field called ownerid.  I want to overwrite this value and store a 0 to ownerid so that no one owns the listing.  Can I accomplish this with MetaModPro?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Sondra

slboone
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Can I use JomGenius to store a value in a database table?

Hmmm, can't imagine that MetaMod would be able to help much here. MetaMod is going to "run" as the page is generated, the page that has the form on it. When the form is submitted I guess the JDirectory is going to intercept the form values and store them. Then it may force a page refresh, and after that MetaMod will be run again on the resulting page. So you'd have to build something in to MetaMod on that last page that recognised that JDirectory had run on the previous page, and would try to override the value. Altogether extremely hacky and really the wrong way to do it! I suggest you talk to the JDirectory people and see what they suggest.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: