Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Display module on K2 items without menu assignment

Display module on K2 items without menu assignment

Hello here,

you have nice module over there, but I cant get it to work, and not sure if I should buy a  pro version.

I want to assign menu module to K2 items, but cant get it work.

Joomla 3.2.2
Meta Mod v3.16

I need to assign module to items of specific K2 categories (into item view, not category view).

I even tried to assign module to all K2 items, but with no luck. I used this code:

if (
  $option == "com_k2"
  and $view == "item"
) return 101;

I have no idea how to set it up. Do I need to buy Pro version for it? There are Advanced Module Manager, which would do what I need, but for this simple task I dont want to buy a component for 50 Euros (~70 USD). I would be more willing to spend 27 USD for MetaMod Pro. smile

As I didnt find any documentation on K2 assignment, could you guys help me with it?

Thank you in advance.

webbus
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Display module on K2 items without menu assignment

Hi Webbus,

There is support for K2 within JomGenius which takes a lot of the hard work out of detecting different K2-related things. See http://www.metamodpro.com/jomgenius/parameters#k2object for info about the different K2 things you can query.

e.g.

$k2 = JomGenius("k2");
if ($k2->check("pagetype = item.view")) return XXX;
// replace XXX with the module id of the module you want to display on K2 item view pages.

You don't need the Pro version to get K2 support, but you may find issues with page formatting around the modules (or module positions not collapsing as they should if you're *not* on a K2 item page and that was the only module in the position) if you're just using the free version. Also take a look at the FAQs about that type of issue as sometimes there are ways around that even with the free version.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you for reply.

Ok, so I kind of manage it to work, but... It inserts my menu module into K2 items, but with 3 empty DIV's, and no information in last child DIV. Am I doing something wrong?

webbus
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Check out the FAQs as I suggested - there are some ways around that which may or may not involve "going Pro".

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: