Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

ElastiMenu with Rockettheme Template

ElastiMenu with Rockettheme Template

Hey Stephen (long time no talk to!)

I am very interested in using your Elastimenu to handle the display of my Join Now option on my mainmenu but I'm using a rockettheme template.  I've created the elastimenu module but it is not showing as linked to the Main Menu when viewing Manage Menus and the Join Now option still shows when logged in.  Is there anything I can do to change this?

Thanks Stephen....Great New Stuff!!!

slboone
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: ElastiMenu with Rockettheme Template

ooops the site is www.seleonbergerclub.com and I can pm you my admin credentials if needed!  Thanks,

Sondra

slboone
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Hey Sondra, long time no hear. Nice to hear from you.

I have a feeling that the Rockettheme templates don't use the standard Menu module for displaying their main menus. You might want to check on that. This matters because Elastimenu is a drop-in replacement for the standard Menu module. It's likely that this is not going to work for you in this case.

Another great option for changing the visibility of menu items is to use Chameleon (used to be MetaTemplate). One of the features of Chameleon is that as the result of any "rule" you can make 1 or more menu items disappear. So you could make a rule that detects "user is logged in", then in the "action" you choose the "join now" menu item from a list of menu items to get unpublished.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

I thought I would share this with you....it might be something other users need down the line.  Rockettheme templates are so popular, this is really invaluable info on how to hide menu items from logged in users!  This link is great info!  Thanks again for all of your help Stephen!

Sondra

http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_hide_ … n_users%3F

slboone
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Yes that's a good method too, if all you want to do is hide the menu items from logged in users (show to guest only). Chameleon though gives you even more flexibility to show things to arbitrary groups (e.g. to 2 sets of groups, like guests + admins) or for certain time periods or GeoIP-based users etc.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: