Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Apply Joomla template to specific GroupJive Group

Apply Joomla template to specific GroupJive Group

Hi there. I've read the documentation but still unable to get this to work.  Your extension is powerful but my need is simple. I need to apply a joomla template to a specific GroupJive Group, either applying it to a URL or menu item.   Here is the url
/index.php/groupjive/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=1&grp=7
I have a specific menu item linked to it as well.   Can you explain the easiest way to do this?  I thank you for your time,

bdbetty
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Apply Joomla template to specific GroupJive Group

[have responded by e-mail]

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen. I checked with the business owner at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and she says she did not receive an email from you. Could you resend to that address or, email me directly at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it (I am the web developer)  Thank you very much.

bdbetty
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi,

sorry you didn't get the e-mail - that's strange. The contents were:

To set this up in Chameleon you can create a new rule that (a) detects the particular URL, and (b) sets the template to be used, in the "Succeed action".

So in the Environment section of the rule, find the form element for "Page URL", and enter the full URL:

http://www.example.com/index.php/groupj … &grp=7
(don't forget to set the domain name to the one for your domain)

In the dropdown next to the URL, choose "equals".

Then switch to the ACTIONS tab. In the SUCCEED action, use the Set TemplateStyle dropdown to select the template that you want to be used for the groupjive page.

Save the rule.

Now test - the template should now switch to the desired template but only when it's on the exact page specified.

Best regards,
Stephen Brandon
metamodpro.com

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: