Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Module display based on content, giving error.

Module display based on content, giving error.

Hello to everyone. I downloaded MetaMod free and installed it with success.
I have the site of a baseball team. They have three main sponsors. I want that a module with the right sponsor logo and link will appear on each page that speak about them.
I tought to use MetaMod so I created three Custom HTML modules, one for each sponsor.
Then I created a MetaMod module and I copied into the PHP section the recipe I found here.
I correctly modified the list of words to be ontercepted in the "content" of the article, but the result is that hte MetaMod module is correctly displayed with the following warning message:

Code:

Warning: preg_match_all() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /web/htdocs/... url .../modules/mod_metamod/helper.php(628) : eval()'d code on line 74

I double-checked any mistake I could type in, but I didn't find. So I copied the recipe without any change, but it returns the same exact warning message.

My Joomla version is : Joomla! 3.1.5 Stable [ Ember ] 01-August-2013 14:00 GMT

i hope someone can tell me something about this.

spaquini
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Module display based on content, giving error.

I'm using the Gantry Framework by Themerocket ... it is maybe giving problems to the recipe?

spaquini
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

OK. The module is not working as expected. Any answer has been given in 4 days, despite 37 visualizations.
I'm going to uninstall MetaMod and using something else.

Sorry.

spaquini
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi spaquini,

sorry, I have been away in the last week and didn't see your message in time.

If you haven't found another method of doing this, I can help you work through it. It's possible that there are problems with Gantry framework (I did find at least 1 framework that caused problems with this method of getting page content when using the Pro version of MetaMod, but it should have been ok with the free version).

If you do want some more help with it can you please paste in the exact code that you were using inside the MetaMod? Without that or a reference to the page you found it on, it's impossible to debug.

Thanks and sorry,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: