Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

[solved] Conflict with Jreviews

[solved] Conflict with Jreviews

Hi Steven,

Great products, I've used them for almost 2 years now. Thanks for your hard work.

I have a new install using Joomla 3.2.1, Joomlart 11/2013 template, jomsocial, jreviews, Metamod pro 3.15. Everything is updated.

I'm getting this on the site, when I enable "System - MetaMod Pro"

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in /home/kse/public_html/plugins/system/jreviews_sef/modulehelper.php on line 23

and that is all that shows, the site will not open.

Thanks for your help.
Bryan

mykenzy00
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: [solved] Conflict with Jreviews

Hi Bryan,

thanks for the bug report. The issue is that (no surprise) both MetaMod Pro and jreviews_sef must be making their own version of the JModuleHelper class.

I have worked with the developers of NoNumber extensions and Joomlart templates to overcome problems like this, and we came up with a commonly-agreed solution for how we override the JModuleHelper class, that avoids problems like this.

It's likely that the JModuleHelper class is being overridden by jreviews_sef in order to do something clever with the way modules are placed on the page. MetaMod Pro does the same thing, but extends JModuleHelper via a plugin system so that several different extensions can all add functionality without treading on each other. We think it's a great system.

So what to do in this case:
1 - you could decide which of the 2 things you can live without (MM Pro or jreviews_sef), then unpublish that plugin
2 - you could nag the jreviews people to talk to me about using our plugin system. It's to their advantage to use it, as it will also mean compatibility with NoNumber's Advanced Module Manager, and all of Joomlart's T3-based templates

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Re: [solved] Conflict with Jreviews

Stephen,

Thanks for the help.

I did unpublished jreviews_sef. It was not really needed, because its only a helper that create Search Engine Friendly URL for site searches and other extras links but not my main listings pages, therefor I could live without it. But I could not live without MetaMod! It controls mostly all my Modules.

Thanks again,
Bryan

mykenzy00
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: