Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Virtuemart Front Page problem

Re: Virtuemart Front Page problem

Hi Stephen, I just wanted to post that I got it working perfectly. I set up my page in a similar fashion to iskye81, so I just followed your solution that way. It works wonderfully! Thanks again.

StealthOiler
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Oh, that's great, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Just discovered another problem, and just as I was about to put the site live!  I'm finding that all the metamod modules disappear when a user is not logged in, i.e. guests can't see any modules that've been metamod-ised.  I've not though put any conditions against modules to appear only to logged-in users or vice-versa, so no idea why this is happening.  Hoping it's nothing major as it's a bit alarming having this happen at this point!

Here's the debug info,

when logged in:

Code:

if (

$option == 'com_virtuemart'
and $Itemid == '1'
and JRequest::getVar('lang') == 'en'
) return XXX; /* replace XXX with the module ID or position to display */

MetaMod debug info:
$option: com_virtuemart
$view:
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: default
$language: en-gb
$language_code: en
$language_region: gb
Including modules: 36

when logged out:

Code:

if (

$option == 'com_virtuemart'
and $Itemid == '1'
and JRequest::getVar('lang') == 'en'
) return XXX; /* replace XXX with the module ID or position to display */

MetaMod debug info:
$option: com_virtuemart
$view:
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: default
$language: en-gb
$language_code: en
$language_region: gb
Including modules:

...seems to be just dropping the module for no apparent reason when logged out.

iskye81
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

...I should also add I'm using MetaMod Pro, and access level is set to public on all the site modules.

iskye81
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

any idea what's happening here?  I really need to get the site online but I can't fathom what's going on. sad

iskye81
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi iskye81,
sorry for the delay in responding. I'm right in the middle of another large site launch myself at the moment, and haven't been able to keep up with MetaMod support at the same time - sorry.

Anyway, I think you're checking the right things, e.g. that the target modules are set to Public as well as the MetaMods, and that the MetaMods are not set for logged in users only.

It's almost certain to be just a simple setup issue somewhere. If you'd like me to cast an eye over it can you PM me login details for your site admin and I'll have a look?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi iskye81,

Found the problem!

There seems to be a difference in the variables that VirtueMart makes available when you are logged in as opposed to logged out - very strange!

e.g. when you are logged out, the $_REQUEST variables (a mixture of GET and POST values) is this:

Array ( [garbage_string...] => some_more_garbage... [virtuemart] => af37... [jamesolite_tpl] => jamesolite [lang] => en [Itemid] => 1 [option] => com_virtuemart [shopItemid] => 1 )

When you are logged in, $_REQUEST is this:

Array ( [0ff11de1...] => 50 9 1 C4F17... [b087d7cde...] => be2a17... [f4169...] => 517aa9... [jamesolite_tpl] => jamesolite [PHPSESSID] => ee0b... [virtuemart] => be2a1... [lang] => en [Itemid] => 1 [option] => com_virtuemart [user_info_id] => [page] => shop.index [func] => [shopItemid] => 1 )

The important bit there is the "page" value. It's "shop.index" when you are logged in, and does not exist when you are logged out.

Based on that, I'm changing your rules to accommodate that.

e.g. for the intro module, I am changing from this:

if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar("page") == "shop.index") return 36;

to this:

if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and (JRequest::getVar("page") == "shop.index" or JRequest::getVar("page") == '')) return 36;

I'm now going to edit the recipes on the recipe page to take this into account.

Thanks for reporting this - I had never seen this scenario before.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: