Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

if existing website not mobile friendly

if existing website not mobile friendly

Hi

my existing website www.budgetcomputers.biz are not reponsive although have ability to detect mobile and redirect to mobile version.. but dont use existing mobile script.. i want my website works like this http://www.mojoomla.com/demo/mj_cart/

http://mattkersley.com/responsive/   
http://www.mojoomla.com/demo/mj_cart/

how much chemeleon help in this if i design a complete website for mobile dont want to touch existing website

joomla version 2.5.11, VM 2.0.12 and
T3 Templates Framework old one not responsive

Regards

Edited By: lordman
10-Nov-13 21:44:35

lordman
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
10 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: if existing website not mobile friendly

Wow that's an amazing template isn't it! (mj_cart).

Chameleon however is not going to give you a responsive template. It can switch you to a responsive template for certain devices, if you already have a suitable template. So I think for you, Chameleon will just be a template switcher.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen

i have two domains www.budgetcomputers.biz & www.boomdeal.co.uk

i need to know if it is possible to use two different templates for two differet
domains and both works independantly

budgetcomputers.biz is designed but boomdeal is not designed yet

i have some new products which i dont want to list at budgetcomputer but some of products from budgetcomputers i want to list at boomdeal.co.uk

means 50% product from budgetcomputer and add 50% new product...only display at boomdeal.co.uk

so when user visit budgetcomputer.biz user remains at template1
and when user visit boomdeal.co.uk remains at template2
both work independantly

actually i dont want to use seperate joomla website for boomdeal.co.uk & manage both website using single admin

in future after designing boomdeal.co.uk i need to design one more template for budgetcomputer which is for mobile devices

please suggest and guide me to the right direction

Mr Muhammad Shahid from budgetcomputer purchases Chameleon on my behalf
Order Number:    3457

im using
Chameleon: 2.36
MetaMod : v3.11
joomla : 2.5.14
virtuemart : 2.0.12

Best Regards

lordman
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
10 Posts
User info in posts

Hi

please reply asap.. i really need help

Best Regards

lordman
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
10 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Lordman,

Chameleon should be able to help with this very well. The only thing VM can't do is to restrict the visibility of a *category* based on shopper group. So any category that is on one site will also appear on the other site. But the products within the category can be assigned ("visibility") to a particular shopper group.

Why do I mention shopper goup? Because what you can do is to make a Chameleon rule that detects if the user is on one domain, or the other. Based on that, you auto-assign the visitor to one shopper group or the other. So you set up one shopper group called budgetcomputer, and one called boomdeal.

Of course you also assign the template based on that domain.

Pricing: you can set up different pricing per shopper group, or the same.

Mobile devices: you can use different templates for mobile devices too, by doing it this way:

1 - set up 1st rule to detect domains, and set the shopper groups, and sets the desktop templates for each. Instruct it to "continue to next rule" in the Succeed action.
2 - set up 2nd rule that detects "budgetcomputer domain, and mobile" and sets the mobile template for it, which will override the template from the previous rule.

Hope this helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: