Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Difficulty with session & splashR

Difficulty with session & splashR

Lovin the Chameleon, but having difficulty with sessions and splashR.  My primary domain is working fine.  On initial page load and session start the popup displays once, regardless how many times you lick the "home" option.

In my subdomain, the popup loads every time you click "home."  The splashR module is set to display Once per Session.

I have two rules setup for the subdomain.  The first rule sets session var A, the second picks it up.  Not sure what's not happening correctly.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
K3i3n

k3i3n
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Difficulty with session & splashR

Hi K3i3n,

have you turned on Chameleon's Debug mode? You can find that in the "options" on the rule chain page. This should give you an indication of which rules are being run and what the results are.

I wonder if there's an issue with the domain name being slightly different e.g. the www and non-www version of the domain being used alternately? If the domain name is being changed then each exact domain will have its own session, and that could be the issue.

See how you go with that, and get back to me if you're still stumped. Debug mode is a great help though.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: