Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Do you HAVE TO KNOW PHP to use MetaMod

Do you HAVE TO KNOW PHP to use MetaMod

Good afternoon. I do not know PHP. I do know Joomla very well. All I want to do is have my advertisements Not appear on the Section page...but on the category blog page. Here are the examples Im talking about:

I DO NOT WANT THE ADS TO APPEAR ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PAGE
http://legends2be.com/nfl/nfl-news

But I would like for them to appear on the right side of this page (The article page):
http://legends2be.com/nfl/nfl-news/7561 … h-steelers

Im also going to need this for Joomla 1.7 & 2.5.

If instructed I dont believe I will have a problem in learning how to do it properly. I believe this will solve ALL of our main problems with the ads.

Thanks very kindly for your response.

LegendsDigital
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Do you HAVE TO KNOW PHP to use MetaMod

Hi,

I'd answer your question this way: MetaMod does require some PHP code in it to work. But that doesn't mean that you have to know PHP in advance! There's lots of help and examples available on this web site, and it should be a matter of following instructions and learning how to tweak it. Bonus side effect: you'll end up knowing a little PHP!

To get started, first read through the Quick Start guide so you understand how the basic MetaMod setup works (important!):

http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/quick-start

Then, the following very basic PHP should do what you want, assuming you are using standard Joomla categories and articles:

if ($core_genius->check("pagetype = article")) return 123;
// replace 123 with the module ID of your advertisement module

This snippet will tell MetaMod to ONLY put the advertisement module on article pages. If you want every article page on the entire site to show the adverts, then you can assign the MetaMod to ALL pages (then it will filter out everyting but article pages). If you only want it on article pages within a certain menu item, then just assign the MetaMod to that menu item.

Last thing: since the adverts are the only modules in the right column, I assume you will want the column to collapse if there are no adverts in it (on the category page). For this to work you probably need the Pro version of MetaMod. With the free version, the ads will appear/disappear on the right pages, but the column probably won't collapse.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: