Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Popup not working after Joomla migration from 1.7 to 2.5

Popup not working after Joomla migration from 1.7 to 2.5

I am working on a migration project for a client.  We went from Joomla 1.7 to 2.5 and are having a problem that I suspect is due to the metamod module.  I have installed the latest version of MetaMod and ExtendedReg on the development site.

This is the working, live site version of the page:

http://www.mavericks.co.za/members-area

Warning, the site is for a gentlemen's club and has adult content on other pages.

On the working, live site, when you click the text in the center of the screen an extended reg login form should be displayed.

However, on the migrated 2.5.11 site (link shown below) the popup window does not display and instead we just get a spinning wheel:

http://dev.mavericks.co.za/members-area

The page with the login form is on a test subdomain and not on the actual server that the www address is served from (in case that would make a difference).

The code in the module's PHP window is this:

Code:

$user =& JFactory::getUser();

if ($user->guest) {
?>
<h2 style="border-bottom: 0px none; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-bottom: -20px;"><a data-lightbox="width: 800; height: 800;" href="index.php?option=com_extendedreg&amp;task=users.login_and_register&amp;ajax=1&amp;fid=1">Please login or register to Gain access to exclusive members only content including photos, videos, wallpapers and more.</a></h2>
<br>
<?php } else { ?>
<h2 style="padding-bottom: 20px;">
Explore our exclusive members-only galleries to your hearts desire... or come visit Mavericks Revue Bar for a more personal experience.</h2>
<p>
[widgetkit id=10]
</p>
<?
}

Any ideas as to what I need to do to get the form to work correctly?

maestroc
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Popup not working after Joomla migration from 1.7 to 2.5

Okay, I figured out that the URL being used on the old 1.7 site was different in the 2.5.  I changed it, but there is still a problem.  When I put this link into a browser and open it I get the registration form:

http://dev.mavericks.co.za/index.php?op … Itemid=725

But if I put that URL into the PHP box in the MetaMod module the wheel just keeps spinning and never completes. 

The site is using AceSEF but even with SEF urls turned off it still never loads the form.  The flash wheel just keeps spinning...

maestroc
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Re: Popup not working after Joomla migration from 1.7 to 2.5

Hi,

I'm struggling with this a little. My suspicion is that it may be a J2.5 difference rather than a MetaMod issue, as the error generated on the JS client side is something to do with JS:

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating '$("form.er-form").fixFormLayout()')

I think this is being generated in modal.js, to do with the SqueezeBox code.

To test if it really is MetaMod or a pure JS error, can I suggest that you put the HTML from the MetaMod directly into a standard HTML module, and place it in the same position on the page as the MetaMod was? Although this means you can't have the test for logged-in-user, the point is that you want to see if the HTML/JS itself works ok, without MetaMod involved. If it does work, then MetaMod must be part of the problem. If it still doesn't work, then you have eliminated MetaMod as part of the problem.

So, can you try this in a standard module:

<h2 style="border-bottom: 0px none; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-bottom: -20px;"><a data-lightbox="width: 800; height: 800;" href="index.php?option=com_extendedreg&amp;task=users.login_and_register&amp;ajax=1&amp;fid=1">Please login or register to Gain access to exclusive members only content including photos, videos, wallpapers and more.</a></h2>

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: