Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Fatal error when I activate the component

Fatal error when I activate the component

Hi there,
I have downloaded the latest version of Chameleon for use on a Joomla! 3.1.1 site, but I get a site-wide fatal error as soon as I activate the 'System - Chameleon' plug-in:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JMenu in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/chameleon/overrides/menu.php on line 20

It breaks the site completely.

My sites uses PHP v.5.3.26

Any ideas what the issue might be and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris

Edited By: OpenEyeMedia
30-Jun-13 19:02:45

OpenEyeMedia
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Fatal error when I activate the component

Hi,

I got the same thing, but only after I had installed the extension Easy Frontend SEO.  Here's the readout when error reporting is turned up to maximum.  Hope this helps and thanks for a brilliant product smile

Dave.

( ! ) Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JMenu in C:\wamp\www\joomla31-base\plugins\system\chameleon\overrides\menu.php on line 20
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0005    244152    {main}( )    ..\index.php:0
2    0.0420    2873152    JSite->initialise( )    ..\index.php:40
3    0.0520    3625800    JApplication->initialise( )    ..\application.php:136
4    0.1850    12912496    JApplicationBase->triggerEvent( )    ..\application.php:225
5    0.1850    12912616    JEventDispatcher->trigger( )    ..\base.php:106
6    0.1851    12913312    JEvent->update( )    ..\dispatcher.php:161
7    0.1851    12913800    call_user_func_array ( )    ..\event.php:71
8    0.1851    12913832    plgSystemChameleon->onAfterInitialise( )    ..\event.php:71
9    0.1858    12959424    require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\joomla31-base\plugins\system\chameleon\overrides\menu.php' )    ..\chameleon.php:53

DavidBoggitt
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

(I should say I have also emailed the author of the SEO plugin)

DavidBoggitt
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi guys,

a couple of things to mention:
1 - Chameleon overrides the system JMneu class to add some functionality, and it looks like Easy Frontend SEO does as well. It looks like their product and my product need to agree on some combined functionality... could you please DM me with an e-mail address for the dev of Easy Frontend SEO?

2 - So far Chameleon has not been completely checked for use on J3.1.1. It's sold as "J2.5-3.0". I'll start testing on the latest Joomla later today. I suspect that the 1st problem reported above is more likely due to an extension rather than core Joomla, but I'll be able to confirm that later.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Just wondered if there had been any progress with getting Chameleon and Easy Frontend SEO working together?

Best wishes,

Dave.

DavidBoggitt
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Ok, so far it appears that EasyFrontendSEO does NOT override the same JMenu class as Chameleon. So it may be able to be fixed by reordering system plugins. Can you tell me what order the system plugins are in at the moment?

Try moving the EasyFrontendSEO plugin either before or after the Chameleon one and see if that helps.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Actually I am just testing the reordering thing now and that doesn't help... getting the same error you were. I'm working on this now and will let you know when I have a fix for it.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, found and fixed the error. Sending you a copy by e-mail. Can you please let me know if this solves all the problems on your site?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Chris and Dave: thanks for reporting this issue. I'm working on a new release of Chameleon that makes that part of the code more robust (less extensions should trigger that error).

The exciting new feature in the new release is major K2 integration... stay tuned...

Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: