Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Joomla 2.5.11, Yougrids on position-7, no menu shown

Joomla 2.5.11, Yougrids on position-7, no menu shown

I am trying to get logged-on/not-logged-on menu switch working.
With purchasing MetaMod Pro, I thought the CSS problems should be solved, but on other positions it is working with the Yougrids template, but on position-7 (horizontal menu bar) it is not. Nothing is shown.
Debug shows the correct ID (on other positions, where also menu is shown). But on position-7 it stays empty. When I set Menu type in menu manager of not-logged menu to mainmenu it is always shown (so I renamed it).
I'm not too familiar with Joomla, but when I it works when I change menu positions (which are vertical menu layouts (which I don't want)), it works, so it seems to be an internal/CSS issue.
Such a simple thing should not be this complicated!

Edited By: friend
16-Jun-13 22:19:00

friend
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Joomla 2.5.11, Yougrids on position-7, no menu shown

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your report. I've just downloaded the Yougrids template to have a look at it. (it's kist of strange there's a Yootheme and a Youtheme... wonder if one is a knock-off of the other?)

The first issue I see is that Youtheme have made their own version of the module helper class. That's a Joomla file that controls the output of modules, and it's overridden by MetaMod Pro. That means that there is going to be a clash between MetaMod Pro and the Yougrids template. It's not going to be hard to fix - I'll provide you with a modified copy of the file templates/yougrids/html/mod_menu/yjsgmega/yjsg_helperclass.php that you can simply replace it with.

Please download from here, unzip, and replace the file at the path above:

http://www.metamodpro.com/files/yjsg_he … ss.php.zip

This may just be the first step in solving the issue. Please let me know how you get on.

Can I also ask you, what happens if you unpublish the MetaMod Pro system plugin? Does that make any difference? I know it is likely to cause some layout issues, but the question is whether all the right content appears (even with bad layout).

Last question: can you please tell me what settings you are using in the "Top Menu" slider when you edit the template parameters? e.g. default top menu, topmenu style, topmenu disabled?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for the quick reply, but I can't download the mentioned file.

friend
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Oops, sorry, typo.

http://www.metamodpro.com/files/yscg_he … ss.php.zip

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

In Top Menu, in Template Manager - Edit Style, I have set SMooth Dropdown as default menu style if that is what you mean. I have tried all Styles for included modules with or without style override and with and without MetaMod Pro active. But that doesn't work.
Is there any other template you can recommend with a similar top menu like Yougrids that does work with MetaMod? That could be a solution.
Perhaps with Template Creator CK or something like that??

friend
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

I switched to Template Creator CK and made my own template with drop down menu (easy to do).
Now the menu switching is working without problems. I am not using Yougrids anymore.

friend
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Ok, glad you found an acceptable work-around. Not sure why we couldn't get this working.
Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: