Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

[solved] How can i include a PHP Script with MetaMod?

[solved] How can i include a PHP Script with MetaMod?

HI,

I have a PHP script that i like to include as a Module with MetaMod is this possible?

Code:

include('ts3admin.class.php');

$ts3_ip = '127.0.0.1';
$ts3_domain_name = 'domain.com';
$ts3_serverport = '9987';
$ts3_queryport = '10011';

$ts3 = new ts3admin($ts3_ip, $ts3_queryport);
$ts3->connect();
$select = $ts3->selectServer($ts3_serverport);
if ($select["success"]) {
  $data = $ts3->getElement('data', $ts3->serverInfo());
  echo '<center><strong>Status:</strong> <font color="#00B200">Online</font></center>';
  echo 'IP: <font color="#999999">'.$ts3_domain_name.':'.$ts3_serverport.'</font>';
  echo 'Current Clients: <font color="#999999">'.$data['virtualserver_clientsonline'].' / '.$data['virtualserver_maxclients'].'</font>';
  echo 'Current Channels: <font color="#999999">'.$data['virtualserver_channelsonline'].'</font>';
  echo 'Uptime: <font color="#999999">'.$ts3->convertSecondsToStrTime($data['virtualserver_uptime']).'</font>';
  echo 'Traffic In: <font color="#999999">'.round ($data['connection_bytes_received_total']/1024/1024/1024,2).' GB/s</font>';
  echo 'Traffic Out: <font color="#999999">'.round ($data['connection_bytes_sent_total']/1024/1024/1024,2).' GB/s</font>';
  echo 'Version: <font color="#999999">'.preg_replace('/\ (.*)/' ,'', $data['virtualserver_version']).'</font>';
  echo 'Platform: <font color="#999999">'.$data['virtualserver_platform'].'</font>';
  echo '<center><a href="ts3server://'.$ts3_domain_name.'/?port='.$ts3_serverport.'&nickname=WebGuest" title="Connect to TS3 Server">Connect</a> <strong><font color="#999999">|</font></strong> <a href="http://www.teamspeak.com/" target="_blank" title="Download TeamSpeak 3">Download</a></center>';
} else {
  echo '<center><strong>Status:</strong> <font color="#E50000">Offline</font></center>';
  echo 'IP: <font color="#999999">'.$ts3_domain_name.':'.$ts3_serverport.'</font>';
  echo '<center><a href="ts3server://'.$ts3_domain_name.'/?port='.$ts3_serverport.'&nickname=WebGuest" title="Connect to TS3 Server">Connect</a> <strong><font color="#999999">|</font></strong> <a href="http://www.teamspeak.com/" target="_blank" title="Download TeamSpeak 3">Download</a></center>';
}

Edited By: Jeff78
12-May-13 03:58:41

Jeff78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: [solved] How can i include a PHP Script with MetaMod?

Sure, you could just put that code as-is into the PHP box in MetaMod. The only thing that you might need to change (that I can see) might be the path of the included ts3admin class file. It may require a relative or absolute path.

The output of the script will appear as the content of a module (i.e. inside the MetaMod).

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

If i do this the module will not even show up.
I have the feeling that i need to add something into MetaMod but don't know what it is.

Jeff78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts

ok, if nothing shows up, then check the following:

1 - ensure the MetaMod is assigned to some or all menu items and is published. To test this, remove everything from the PHP box and turn on "debug" mode in the MetMod (it's one of the options in MetaMod). You should see some output on the page If you see that, then that part is set up right and you can try the PHP code.

2 - if the PHP code has syntax or other errors in it then it may not show up at all, depending on how your computer is set up with error reporting. So in global configuration in Joomla, set error reporting to Full and see if that spits out any errors.

3 - don't put <?php and ?> around the PHP code. (I know you didn't do that above, but don't be tempted to do it. It won't work).

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

The module will display on the right position if debugging is on but i cannot find any errors. I also used the same code above with a PHP module and it worked but it won't work if i include this code above into MetaMod.

Jeff78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts

ok, so maybe you need to just put in the PHP line by line, making sure that each line works and has no errors. Perhaps try the 1st few lines to start with, with a debugging statement:

echo "PHP started<br>";
$ts3_ip = '127.0.0.1';
$ts3->connect();
var_dump($ts3);

Does that come up with any output?

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

With this code line "$ts3 = new ts3admin($ts3_ip, $ts3_queryport);" i get a blank page with this error:

Code:

MetaMod debug info:

Module ID: 109
$option: com_content
$view: category
$id: 8
$Itemid: 101
$timezone: UTC
$language: lb-lu
$language_code: lb
$language_region: lu
PHP started

Fatal error: Class 'ts3admin' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\j2\modules\mod_metamod\helper.php(628) : eval()'d code on line 6

And with this code line "$ts3->connect();" i get a blank page with this error:

Code:

MetaMod debug info:

Module ID: 109
$option: com_content
$view: category
$id: 8
$Itemid: 101
$timezone: UTC
$language: lb-lu
$language_code: lb
$language_region: lu
PHP started

Fatal error: Call to a member function connect() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\j2\modules\mod_metamod\helper.php(628) : eval()'d code on line 6

Jeff78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts

Oh, actually you are going to need to put this line first:

You might need to alter the path for the file: I have no idea where on your system it's going to be, and it may not find it automatically. So you might end up with something like:

include('/home/mysite/public_html/components/com_something/classes/ts3admin.class.php');

or

include('../../components/com_something/classes/ts3admin.class.php');

But both of those are TOTAL guesses - you need to find the right path for your server.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Strange i have now rewritten the code new and now it works i don't know what i did wrong in the first place but i'm glad it works now.

Code:

$ts3_ip = '127.0.0.1';

$ts3->connect();
$select = $ts3->selectServer($ts3_serverport);
if ($select["success"]) {
  $data = $ts3->getElement('data', $ts3->serverInfo());
  echo '<div style="width:240px;margin: 0 auto">', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div style="text-align:center"><p><span style="font-weight:bold">Status:</span> <span style="color:#00B200">Online</span></p></div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">IP Address: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.$ts3_domain_name.':'.$ts3_serverport.'</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">Current Clients: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.$data['virtualserver_clientsonline'].' / '.$data['virtualserver_maxclients'].'</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">Uptime: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.$ts3->convertSecondsToStrTime($data['virtualserver_uptime']).'</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">Traffic In: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.round ($data['connection_bytes_received_total']/1024/1024/1024,2).' GB/s</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">Traffic Out: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.round ($data['connection_bytes_sent_total']/1024/1024/1024,2).' GB/s</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">Version: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.preg_replace('/\ (.*)/' ,'', $data['virtualserver_version']).'</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:left;width:50%">Platform: </div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div style="float:right;width:50%;color:#989898">'.$data['virtualserver_platform'].'</div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div style="text-align:center"><p><a href="ts3server://'.$ts3_domain_name.'/?port='.$ts3_serverport.'&nickname=WebGuest" title="Connect to TeamSpeak 3 Server">Connect to Server</a> <span style="color:#989898;font-weight:bold">|</span> <a href="http://www.teamspeak.com/" target="_blank" title="Download TeamSpeak 3 Client">Download Client</a></p></div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '</div>', PHP_EOL;
} else {
  echo '<div style="width:240px;margin: 0 auto;text-align:center">', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div><p><span style="font-weight:bold">Status:</span> <span style="color:#E50000">Offline</span></p></div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '    <div>IP Address: <span style="color:#989898">'.$ts3_domain_name.':'.$ts3_serverport.'</span></div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '  <div><p><a href="ts3server://'.$ts3_domain_name.'/?port='.$ts3_serverport.'&nickname=WebGuest" title="Connect to TeamSpeak 3 Server">Connect to Server</a> <span style="color:#989898;font-weight:bold">|</span> <a href="http://www.teamspeak.com/" target="_blank" title="Download TeamSpeak 3 Client">Download Client</a></p></div>', PHP_EOL;
  echo '</div>', PHP_EOL;
}

Jeff78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts

Ok, great to hear that it's working for you now.
Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: