Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

1 time per Registered and never after - reciept- if possible

1 time per Registered and never after - reciept- if possible

Awesome module, i love your Pro version for Joomla 3 +

I use Idevaffiliate for tracking commissions. I know all their prevention measures that is built in IdevAffiliate - but that is not enough

1) Sir, I need your advise on how use Metamod Pro to limit display of a certain module only 1 time for registered user and never after.

Indeed i want to use it with a combination of a cookie receipt - one time and never after.

Here is what i need it for: I want to be able to fire my tracking pixel that assign commissions and prevent fraudulent activity even if a person cleaned cashe or opened new account( bat have the cookies)

2) I also have different subscriptions based on Groups and Levels.
I am not sure if you have capacity to control display of module based on group/level. Is there any receipt for that?

I am greatly appreciated for your receipt.
Thank you. Looking forward.

alexmartin
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
31 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: 1 time per Registered and never after - reciept- if possible

Hi Alex,

1 - I can give you some code for this, but I question your methodology. If people are going to open a new account or clear their cache in order to commit fraud, surely they are also going to clear cookies, or use a different browser?

I'll leave that for you to ponder, but you can see the recipe on this page for displaying a module for someone only once:

http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/recip … odule-once

I see that you want to be able to restrict this to registered users only: simply assign the MetaMod to registered users only, then only registered users will get the cookie and/or tracking module.

2 - Yes, you can use MetaMod to detect user groups, and base module display on these user groups.

if ($core_genius->check("groups = any of super users, registered, editors")) return XXX;
// replace XXX with the module id to use for these groups

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: