Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

metamod pro breaks template in IE

metamod pro breaks template in IE

Hi there,

I have just realize that template is broken in IE when using metamod. It only happens inside virtuemart... http://www.gilgo.es/tienda-oculta.html.. This does not happen when using other modules, only happens with metamod...

I really appreciate some help with this.
Thanks
I am using these versions:

metamod pro 3.13b
virtuemart 2.0.14
joomla 2.58

designs.sm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: metamod pro breaks template in IE

any idea on this? it is quite urgent... Thanks

designs.sm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Re: metamod pro breaks template in IE

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying. I sent you an e-mail about it, but in case anyone else is interested, here's the reply:

- - - - -

I've just had a look at your site on IE and some other browsers. The issue seems to be that the width of the right column is slightly too wide in IE, making it spill down to beneath the content on the left.

The CSS rule that affects this is in the body of the page itself – not sure if that's hard coded into the template or just how it is included there, but it's this line:

#gkRight { width: 30%; }
#gkContent { width: 70%; }
.gkWrap { width: 1020px!important; }
html { min-width: 1020px!important; }
body,
h1.gkLogo.text .gkLogoSlogan,
... etc.

It's the width: 30% that is too wide. Can I suggest that you decrease this to 29% or less until the right column stops spilling over?

As to why this is happening: if you are using MetaMod (non-Pro), then this generally wraps the included modules into an extra layer of HTML divs. Sometimes this takes a little space, and in this case it could be the reason why the column is a fraction too wide and spilling over. If you use the Pro version, then this extra layer of HTML does not get put onto the page, and the included modules will not take any extra space.

So, if this is the case then MetaMod Pro should solve it. If it's not MetaMod at fault (but the module is simply a little too wide), then decreasing the width of the column with CSS as mentioned above should also fix it.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: