Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Need Urgent Help with metamod

Need Urgent Help with metamod

Hi, i am using Virtuemart with Joomla, and my website needs to show some slideshow like virtuemart product slider etc.. but i want to show all modules like virtuemart prdouct slideshow, tag clouds etc etc to show only one main page. Not able to figure out after reading documents of the module how to accomplish this. Please help me. Its a bit urgent. Simple steps to do will be great support for me.

jhoomjp
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Need Urgent Help with metamod

Anyone to help out here?

jhoomjp
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

Ping again for help???

jhoomjp
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

(1) Christmas
(2) Weekend
(3) Wanganui Race Week: http://www.raceweek.co.nz/ and the Jet Sprints in Upokongaro!

Ok, so I'm here now.

Can you just confirm that you want the modules to show ONLY on the Main Page of VirtueMart?

That is, I am assuming that by Main Page, you are meaning that you have a menu item that points to the VM component, and it's only on that page, and that page alone, that you want to modules?

If so, check out the VM recipe page: http://www.metamodpro.com/support/recip … mart-pages

That gives general guidance and a few specific recipes... however I think that for your situation you just need a very simple recipe:

Code:

if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar("page") == null) {

return 101; /* replace 101 with the module number of the module to include */
}

You'll obviously need a few things set up first:
1 - MetaMod module installed
2 - your other modules set up
3 - each of your other modules should have "Published" set to "No". This is so that they do not show up on any pages unless/until MetaMod includes them. MetaMod will include and publish any modules that are included in the "recipe" (as above).
4 - Your MetaMod, on the other hand, MUST be published, and set to the appropriate menu items. In your case, set to the menu item of VM, or to "all" pages.

Hope that helps,
don't hesitate to write again if you have any problems with this,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Wish you Merry Christmas!!! and thanks for the reply, however i am still not able to do it.

The page i am talking about is first page when someone hits my website
www.mysite.com/ so URL it shows is www.mysite.com/index.php

Not sure if you are calling this as VM main page or not!!!

I have disabled all modules except VM Product Categories (id 43) and VM banner (id 53). Now i went to metamod module from module manager and enabled it and pasted below code

Code:

if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar("page") == null) 

{   return 53;
return 43;
/* replace 101 with the module number of the module to include */
}

I can se available modules as VM  banner and VM product in metamod options. But it does not help me as now when i hit my www.mysite.com it shows blank page, not option at all. I can provide you my actual websote link on your personal email id if needed to be.

jhoomjp
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

After spenting sometime,i observed advanced debug, and i must say this is one of the most intelligent feature i saw in any module. It worked it charm and i could write below code to show modules on only frontpage, however they are all coming into same position which metamod is placed into (left in this case), i want to place them into different-2 positions. Please suggest how to accomplish this, and i must say after figuring out this a bit, i understand power of this, will mention about module on my website.

Code:

if ( 

$option == 'com_content'
and $view == 'frontpage'
and $Itemid == '1'
and JRequest::getVar('limit') == 9 /*!*/
) return "48,53";

jhoomjp
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

Hi jhoomjp,

The simplest way to put things into different module positions is to just use 1 MetaMod in each position, and use each one to include the module(s) for that position.

If you get MetaMod Pro, however, you can do it all in one, like this:

- assuming module 101 is to go in "right" and 102 to go in "left"
- the MetaMod is in the "top" (or any) position
- rule:

Code:

if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") {

$changes->mod(101)->position("right");
  $changes->mod(102)->position("left");
  return "101,102";
}

If you don't have MetaMod Pro, then you can't use the "position()" method, although there are lots of other parameters that you can set on the modules that you include (e.g. the title, whether the title is to be displayed, whether the module is enabled, and any other parameters that the module has). See http://www.metamodpro.com/support/contr … parameters for more details about this very powerful feature.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: