Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Redirect logged-in users

Redirect logged-in users

Hi!

I want to redirect logged-in users to a certain page on the site. However, I encounter a problem.

That's what I do: in "Users and Groups" I check "Selected groups" and select the group I'm interested in. Then, in SUCCEED Actions I unpublish a menu I do not want to be displayed for this logged-in group. Then it's time for a redirect, I press "and  redirect" and then everything on the site crashes, because the redirect becomes cyclical.

Question: how do I do the redirect so that it performs only once and does not go into cycle?

Additional info: Joomla! 2.5.8
                 Chameleon 2-28

Edited By: zern
31-Jan-13 09:11:09

zern
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Redirect logged-in users

Hi,

yes, this can easily become cyclical unless you work around it.

Which pages do you want this particular group to be able to see? Only the one that they are redirected to?

If you want to restrict those users to only certain pages on the site, then I would recommend that you make a new rule and put it BEFORE the redirect rule. In this new rule, you should detect all the menu items that you want that group to be allowed on, AND detect the group. Then in the Succeed action, "stop processing". Then it will detect that the person is from that group and on one of the allowable pages, and the processing will stop there and not go on to the next rule (the redirect).

Make sense?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

metamodguy wrote:

Hi,

yes, this can easily become cyclical unless you work around it.

Which pages do you want this particular group to be able to see? Only the one that they are redirected to?

This group is a members group. The page they are redirected to is a starting page for members group, with links to the different member-only content. So, I would like them to see all other pages too. I guess the recipe you gave was not for such a situation.
Any ideas?

zern
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi,

actually the suggestion I gave would work fine for a series of pages or menu items: "you should detect all the menu items that you want that group to be allowed on, AND detect the group"

So you could do that by menu item (and all its child menu items) for example, for as many as you like. Should work well.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: