Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Help required...!!

Help required...!!

Hi,
I'm after a bit of help. At the minute we have a site www.motocare.co.uk which is running joomla 1.5.9 and virtuemart 1.1.3 and we are getting some mobile traffic to the site but unfortunately you can only view the full site on a mobile device, which isn't good. I've been told i need this "chameleon" to set up a new template which will then switch to a mobile version of my site.
Is this correct or what else would i need for someone to view my site on a mobile or smartphone. I have tried several option before but they will not work with my versions of both joomla and virtuemart...
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks.

PS i have downloaded and installed the lite version but got no further than that...smile

motocare
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Help required...!!

any takers on the please...!!!

motocare
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Re: Help required...!!

Hi,

using the Lite version (Joomla 1.5 only), you can use the following PHP code to detect a mobile browser. If it is detected, then the Succeed action will be run. Otherwise, the Fail action will be run. So you can set up your Succeed action to switch to a mobile-friendly template:

if ($core_genius->check("browsertype = android, ipad, iphone, ipod")) return true;

This is quite specific detection for these devices. In Chameleon for Joomle 1.7 and up, there's support for Categorizr detection, which allows for much more accurate detection of whether something is mobile, desktop, tv or tablet.

You can find out more about the things that JomGenius can detect on this page:

http://www.metamodpro.com/jomgenius/parameters

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: