Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Hide modules on frontpage of VM

Hide modules on frontpage of VM

Joomla 2.5.8, Virtuemart 2.0.16, template yagendoo showroom,.MetaModPro v3.13b
Hi I have two moduls that I only want to display on one page the frontpage of virtue mart, it works fine when I use the mainmenu, but when I use the categorie images that links to the categories then the two modules do show up,the code I use in the MetaMod is:
if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar("page") == null and $Itemid == 1) return 122;
the site is online but password protected, but I can give you the login details. Hope for help :-)
Kind regards Dorthe

dorthe
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Hide modules on frontpage of VM

Please can anyone help??? I have tried all the different solutions mentioned here, and searched all over the Internet, but none of the solutions work for me...I have been reading about the great support, so I am a bit disapointet :-(

dorthe
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Dorthe,

even the wonderful support people at metamodpro.com have to take a holiday over Christmas! Sorry if this has been a problem for your project.

If the page that you want the modules to be displayed on is a true VM "front page", then you should be able to isolate that page like this:

$vm = JomGenius("virtuemart");
if ($vm->check("pagetype = frontpage")) return 122;

If that doesn't seem to work, you may be using a different page type as your VM front page. In that case, use this in the PHP section of your MetaMod, and it will tell you what type of VM page you are on:

echo "VM page type is: " . $vm->info("pagetype") . "<br>";

Then view the front end of the site, visit the page in question, and see what it says in the MetaMod. It should tell you the value you need to be looking for in your code. (i.e. instead of 'frontpage').

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen
Thank you very much for taking the time, didnt think about the holiday issue.
The first solution do not work, and the second solution gives me this:VM page type is: frontpage.
I really do not know what to do now, I have tried all the solutions I could find given on this site. You really would make my day, if you can find time to take a look at the site?
Kind regards
Dorthe

dorthe
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Dorthe,

I'm happy to log into your site and do it for you, but it would probably be best for you if you can work it out yourself :-)

Checklist:
1 - MetaMod is published
2 - target module (122) is unpublished OR set to "menu items: none" (probably the easiest) so that it does not show up until MetaMod includes it.
3 - MetaMod does not have anything in the "quick module id or position include" box (leave it blank).
4 - MetaMod has the following PHP code:

if ($vm->check("pagetype = frontpage")) return 122;

Try that. If you still can't get it to work, please PM me with admin login details for your site and I'll take a look at it.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: