Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JFormField

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JFormField

After installing and enabling the latest version of Chameleon, the following error appears:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JFormField in /public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/formfield.php on line 20

Disabling the Chameleon system plugin stops the error.

Im guessing that Fabrik and Chameleon are both declaring JFormField?
What can I do to solve this?

Edited By: renea.leathers
03-Dec-12 01:57:26

renea.leathers
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JFormField

Hi Renea,

sorry for the long delay. I'm looking at this now. Can you please tell me what version of Fabrik and Joomla you are using?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JFormField

Hi,

assuming Chameleon for Joomla 2.5, Chameleon does not declare the JFormField class – so it's not that there's a clash of class names between Chameleon and Fabrik.

What I do notice is that Fabrik declares JFormField, which is strange because JFormField is a built-in Joomla class! So the clash is between Fabrik and Joomla, but triggered (it appears) by Chameleon perhaps causing the built-in Joomla class to get imported before the Fabrik one gets imported.

I notice that the Fabrik version includes some new code in it (by "Rob"). So I guess they have added their own functionality.

Can you tell me if the error happens on the front end of the site, or on the back end? (i.e. when you are in the Administrator section or the front end of your site). If on the back end, then what pages are you looking at? Pages within Chameleon (e.g. rules page), or within Fabrik?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: