Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Layout Issue

Layout Issue

Hello,

Since I've upgraded MetamodPro to 3.13b, the layout modules are messy. See the picture below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3831105/metamod.jpg

How can I fixed it?

Regards
Fernando

NandoBR
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Layout Issue

No one can help me?

NandoBR
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Nando,

with MetaMod Pro, the look of the included module is supposed to be the same in these 2 cases:
1 - when the target module is placed onto the page without MetaMod (just standard Joomla module assignment)
2 - when the target module is unpublished, but a valid MetaMod includes the module onto the page.

If you are getting odd layout with MetaMod Pro, that suggests that the Pro plugin is not operating. So I would suggest the following:

1 - ensure the MetaMod Pro system plugin is published
2 - ensure the MetaMod Pro system plugin is FIRST in the list of system plugins. It's possible that there's another plugin before it, and that has the potential to stop the Pro plugin from working.

Did you have a previous version of MetaMod Pro working properly before? Or was this a new Pro install, for the 1st time?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

1. The MetaMod Pro system plugin is published
2. The MetaMod Pro system plugin is FIRST in the list of system plugins (-10000 in the list)
3. The previous version worked like a charm. These issue appeared since I've upgrade to 3.13b

Cheers
Fernando

NandoBR
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
User info in posts

ok, that's wierd! Do you still have a copy of the previous version of MetaMod Pro that did work? Can you install that on top of the currrent one (to revert it) and double check that this does in fact solve the problem? This is just to discount any possibility that it was any other change on your site that might have done it. Once you have confirmed that, I'll take a look at the changes between the versions to find out what is the culprit here.

There were some recent changes in MetaMod that should have only affected the non-Pro version, to do with the CSS and module styling. But the intention was that these should not have affected the Pro version (i.e. with the system plugin enabled).

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen,

I've just install the MetamodPro 3.9 and the problem was solved.

Cheers
Fernando

NandoBR
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
User info in posts

ok, thanks, looking into this now. What's your Joomla version?

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Joomla 2.5.8

NandoBR
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Any news about that issue?

Cheers
Fernando

NandoBR
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
User info in posts

I've found the issue: you simply needed to set to "style for included modules" to "DEFAULT". This is a new setting in MetaMod Pro from v3.12 onwards. Previously, MetaMod Pro always set the style to the style of the module position the MetaMod was in, and that dropdown actually had no effect (in Pro). From v3.12 onward, MetaMod Pro allows you to set a style that's different to the style of the module position, making it more similar to the way the non-Pro version works.

When you installed the new version, the old setting (which was previously being ignored) suddenly came into effect, which was why the layout was suddenly different. So I just set this to "DEFAULT" in your MetaMod, and the layout is back to normal again.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: