Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Country filter

Country filter

Hello,

I have a web in joomla 2.5 and virtuemart 2.0.10f.

I defined different product prices per country. My site works well, but I need to be logged to see prices (virtuemart).

I want to construct a country filter pre-selector to show product-prices per country. But everything without login.

I need any similar functionality like Zara in this shop www.zara.com. First of all you need to select your country, and after that you see the product-prices of the country selected. Finally, if you want to purchase a producto, you need to login.

¿It´s possible to make anything similar with your module?

Thank you in advance.

Edited By: lolaflores
18-Nov-12 22:10:48

lolaflores
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Country filter

Hi lolaflores,

I don't think MetaMod is going to help you here, I am afraid.

Can I ask you however, how are you implementing the different-prices-per-country thing?

My other product Chameleon may be able to help a little in terms of setting a particular shopper group even for non-logged-in users. But it won't give you a drop-down menu. You could make your own HTML form/drop-down menu that has URLs mysite.com/?pricing=US, mysite.com/?pricing=GB, etc, then use Chameleon to detect these URLs and set the shopper group accordingly, if that's the way you're doing the pricing.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

I´ve implemented different-prices-per-country by thies way:

In VM Product/"tax rule & calc" I defined a rule +% 10 for a "country & shopper-group".

For instance,
   product A has price of 50€ for Spain + minorist and 55€ for France + minorist.
   product A has price of 22€ for Spain + whosale and 24€ for France + whosale.

My problem is that the user need to log in site to see prices, because price depends directly on Shopper-group and calc-rule of the product.

I hope you understand everything. My site is www.ibizen.com and I have an user test jordi/jordi.

lolaflores
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hello again,

I´m really interested in a solution with metamod or with chamaleon. But first of all I want to check with you if I could reach the functionality that I´m looking for.

My prices depends of country and shopper-group (minorist and wholesale).

So, It´s possible to define a preselector with these variables?.

Or, I could define 2 different menu items at the top:

- Shop (for minorist)
    - Shop whosale(for whosale)

In this case, I only need to select the country. Another idea, it´s possible to use GeoIP location? How works GeoIP location? Select the country from the browser? In this case it´s no necessary to construct the country-selector?.

I´m not very familiar with PHP. It´s very complex to construct a country-selector similar like ZARA site? How I could do?

Thanks in advance

lolaflores
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

(just worked out that "minorist" = retail)

Here are some ideas for how you could do this with Chameleon. It's not going to be a perfect solution, but will come up with some good possibilities. A lot of the complexity is determining the workflow for the user.

- user enters site, not logged in.
We need to determine which country the person is in:
- GeoIP in Chameleon determines if user is in 1 of 3 main countries. If so, sets a "flag" (cookie) to show which one the user is in.
- if user is logged in, the flag is ignored, and instead the country is determined as the country in their VM billing address.
- if user is not logged in, and if user has clicked on an "I am in..." link, then this country is used instead.

... so now we have a country. Now we have to determine retail or wholesale.
- you could do this using 2 menu items, one for wholesale and one for retail, both pointing to the shop. Chameleon can determine which menu item you are on, and could set the shopper group accordingly. However, VM is notorious for getting the menu item confused (e.g. if you are on a product details page, or on checkout, it won't necessarily know which menu item it was originally part of).
- or you could do it with a couple of links at the top of the page. They would link to "mysite.com/?wholesale" and "mysite.com/?retail", and Chameleon could pick up and remember which one you are on, and set the shopper group accordingly.

All in all, this is a big job, with lots of scope for making logic errors in the way it is set up. I am not particularly confident that the final solution would be robust. Also, I don't have time to give a lot of help with it, so you would really need to find someone who is confident in setting up this wort of thing. PHP skills may be required (though Chameleon does most of its work without requiring PHP to be written).

I hope that helps you to understand some of the possibilities. Again, I think it's a job for someone with technical skills. Chameleon can definitely help, but getting it set up exactly right will be a challenge.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: