Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

chameleon is changing my copmuter based template too!

chameleon is changing my copmuter based template too!

i've downloaded and installed chameleon and it seemed to be going great! only when i went to look at the front end to check on some other coding i discovered my computer template or the default was changing to the selected template for the mobile. how do i fix this? i followed the video tutorial for setting up my rule and it's got a malfunction somewhere that i'm not aware of. i'm basically a beginner. so any help is appreciated. thanks!

Solaramg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: chameleon is changing my copmuter based template too!

Hi Solaramg,

A good way to diagnose what is going on in your rule is to use Chameleon Debug mode. That is, on the Rule Chain page, look at the settings, and there's an option there for turning on Chameleon Debug.

When that is turned on, take a look at the front end of your site. You should see a list in the "debug" module position of the steps that Chameleon is taking, and why it is taking them. This should alert you to what's going on.

The other thing to check is maybe you accidentally set the "default" template instead of setting the template for the mobile devices. You can do both from the rule edit screen -- the "default" one is done with radio buttons, while you probably wanted to set the template as the result of the rule: so in that case you need to use the drop-down list of templates in the "SUCCEED action".

Hope that helps.
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

ok, that does make sense and i turned on the debug and the below is what i'm getting which i'm not full understanding:

CHAMELEON DEBUG ON
Current date and time: "2012-10-08 09:14:29am" in timezone "America/Chicago"
Processing rule id 5 ("Radiance to Fresco for Mobile")
Started SUCCEED action for rule id 5
Finished SUCCEED action: default template style was set to "22|rt_fresco"
Stopped processing as result of SUCCEED action at rule id 5 ("Radiance to Fresco for Mobile")
Final template style set to "22|rt_fresco"

it appears to automatically select my system default template as radiance in the "available template styles" which is my default for the desktop version.

i'm using j2.5.7
www.tri-parishwebmall.com
however, i can't leave chameleon published and debug on until i get this fixed...i would be more than happy to give you credentials for the back end. i will email them to you since we've also been communicating that way.

thanks
maria calufetti
solara media group

Solaramg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Maria,

The debug output above shows that you did not put any conditions into the left hand side of the Chameleon rule. You needed to go to the "environment" section and the Browsers select list, and choose some options like "mobile" and/or "tablet". I've just done this for the "test" rule. Take a look at that and even switch on debug mode for a moment to see what that looks like.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! I was afraid to select some of that not knowing what it would do...i guess i need to just take the leap next time.

thank you so much for all of the help!!!!
you've helped me check one of my issues off my list!

Maria

Solaramg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

You're very welcome.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: