Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Metamod + Advanced module manager

Metamod + Advanced module manager

Hi,

I'm running Joomla 2.5, latest version of metamod. I also have Advanced module Manager installed.

Can I add a single metamod module in for example "right" for example to show 2, 3, 5 for Argentina, but 2, 3, 5 are in different module positions (user2, user 3, user5)?

Best regards,
Carla

stromboli2
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Metamod + Advanced module manager

Hi Carla,

with MetaMod Free, you need to put a MetaMod into each module position that you want a module to appear in (user2, user3, user5). In each one, you set it to up display a module for only people in AR.

With the Pro version it's possible to do all that with just 1 MetaMod, that changes the module position of 3 different modules from one module position (e.g. "metamod-holder") into the 3 different positions where they are going to be displayed. Yes that probably makes a little bit less work, but the Free version works fine for that too (notwithstanding the other benefits of the Pro version with respect to collapsing module positions when they are empty).

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,
I have the pro version but I have a problem, when I select GEOIP city free metamod shows me a blank page of the site.
Why this could be?

In the case I put metamod holder in the metamod module, the module positions are in the modules itself right?

best regards,
Carla

stromboli2
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

Hi Carla,

1 - about the blank page: that shouldn't happen, but may happen if you put something in the PHP box that had an error in it. But that depends on the error mode setting in Joomla. I suggest that you go to Global Preferences and set the error reporting to Maximum, then view the site again. Hopefully that will show an error message instead of the blank page. Then report the error here.

2 - I don't follow what you are saying about the metamod holder and the positions, sorry...

But here's a summary of a good way to set it up:

- the MetaMod is in the position where you want the target module to appear. It must be published. It must be set to ALL menu items, OR a subset of the menu items you want it to appear on.

- the target module should be either unpublished, or set to "None" menu items, or set to a module position that does not exist. (or any combination of those).

- make sure you do not accidentally get the MetaMod to include its own module id! That could cause an infinite loop (and possibly the blank page).

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: