Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Time Delay - after ## secionds and minutes - POSSIBLE?

Time Delay - after ## secionds and minutes - POSSIBLE?

Using MetaMod  Pro
1) I want to show a module after certain number of seconds, minutes on a page. What is the code?
2) Is it possible to show a module after a video ends on the page?

I know it is possible, i just can not find the receipt on the forum or on the receipt section .

3) I really need to emulate dripping content. How to make module to show content after a user joined membership site, and show it with set time interval. First - immediately. Second, after ## of days, third, after ## of days, and so on.

Edited By: alexmartin
21-Sep-12 01:16:50

alexmartin
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
31 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Time Delay - after ## secionds and minutes - POSSIBLE?

1 - sorry, MetaMod does not provide any ability to show a module in a timed fashion on a static page. It only deals with what happens at the moment when the page is generated -- whether the module is included on the page or not.

In order to do that sort of thing you need some sort of Javascript that makes the module appear. That's out of the scope of MetaMod and I suggest asking this question on the Joomla forums.

2 - Same problem - you need to build something with JS that can detect when a video finishes, then triggers a hidden module on the page to appear. It's a purely JS thing, not MetaMod.

3 - that's more possible! Can you tell me what membership system you are using? Or can it simply be based on the date a user registered on the site? (using the standard user registration field)

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

You said it is possible,

( my question was: 3) I really need to emulate dripping content. How to make module to show content after a user joined membership site, and show it with set time interval. First - immediately. Second, after ## of days, third, after ## of days, and so on.")

And yes, it is based on a date a user registered on a site.
- I am seraching that solution for yesr with joomla and now I am jumping out of my skin to have that solution with Metamod Pro.  Looking forward.

alexmartin
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
31 Posts

Hi Alex,

I built some logic into JomGenius (part of MetaMod and Chameleon) that can check for the length of time people have been registered for.

See this page for the list of things you can check for:

http://www.metamodpro.com/jomgenius/par … dcheckcore

In your case we'd be looking for the keyword "dayssinceregistration"

So you could do something like this:

$days = $core_genius->info("dayssinceregistration");
if ($days > 28) return AAA;
if ($days > 21) return BBB;
if ($days > 14) return CCC;
if ($days >= 7) return DDD;
if ($days == 6) return EEE;

You have to replace AAA-EEE with the exact module ids that you want to show for people who are logged in for these time periods.
The exact order is important. I'm checking for the largest number first, so that if the user has been logged in for that long or longer, they will see the 1st module (AAA) and MetaMod will NOT continue down the list. It will stop whenever it finds a match.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: