Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Change Jomsocial template with Chameleon

Change Jomsocial template with Chameleon

Hello,

I would like to change template according to entry Url, like in this video : http://www.metamodpro.com/chameleon/video-tutorials

I understand that it's quite easy to do with Chameleon smile

But does it works also if I try to change Jomsocial template (in components>Jomsocial>Template) instead of Joomla template ?

If yes, do I have to use php code for that ?

phkoech
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Change Jomsocial template with Chameleon

Good question - I am afraid I don't know anything about JomSocial templates [yet]. Are they related to Joomla templates, or something completely different?

If they are something completely different, it's going to take some exploring of JomSocial to see if it's possible for PHP code in Chameleon to programmatically select those templates. If they are basically just Joomla templates set in a different way, then that's probably easier.

So, can you enlighten me?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Steven,

Just to piggyback on this post, JomSocial templates are specific to the component and are found under the com_community/templates dir. The default one basically consists of all the necessary files needed to run the component (ie: email templates, stream messages, friends display, profile display), then if the user wants to customize the output, style, etc, they create a new jomsocial template (named anything other than default) and similar to the joomla template override function, they would just copy the file they are looking to change over into the new template folder and it would override whatever is in the default folder.  jomsocial updates would not affect anything inside of the template folders... same concept as the general joomla template overrides, but specific for jomsocial and located in a different location...

hope this helps explain things for the future...smile

redlinesuperstore
useravatar

Thanks redlinesuperstore for your clarification on this.

So, phkoech, the answer is that Chameleon does not currently have the ability to switch JomSocial templates. This would be a custom development job in Chameleon which I'd be happy to look at on a paid developer basis. Please get in contact if you'd like to discuss it.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: