Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Two navigation menus - click event?

Re: Two navigation menus - click event?

what kind of setup do you have? 2 main navigation menus, both with its own home page?

Lindy

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!

rhapsidee
Rhapsidee Music
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

ok, so when a superadmin logs in on the front end, what page do they end up at? The dummy one you created?

For the MetaMod that you assigned to that page, can you turn on its debug mode just to make sure that it's assigned to that page successfully? Then you should see that debug output when you log in to the front end as the superadmin. If you don't see it, then the MetaMod isn't activating, probably for one of the reasons mentioned above.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

On my setup, I just created a login module that points to a dummy page on login. I created a MetaMod on the dummy page with the PHP in it exactly the same as in your one. Then when I log in as a normal user, it sends me to and keeps me on the dummy page. When I log in to the frontend as a superadmin user, it sends me 1st tot eh dummy page then the redirect kicks in and I get sent to your site! (since that was the URL).

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

I notice that on your site you have the holder page up, meaning that someone has to log into that on the frontend before they can view your site. But that's going to interfere with the stuff we're testing, because as far as I can see you're not going to be able to use the standard login module for testing the frontend login. So you wouldn't be able to set the page to go to when people log in using that module.

So I'd suggest temporarily turning off your holder page so you can test this properly...  unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Yes, it shows like that now, but everytime I've tested it I put the site online quickly, and only switch it back to offline status afterwards.

rhapsidee
Rhapsidee Music
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

oh, ok, makes sense. So when you do that superadmin login, what page do you end up at, and are you seeing the MetaMod debug output?

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, I realized that in metamod when I only assign it to the dummy page, it gives me no debug output. When I assign it to all pages, it gives me a redirect loop error, this should mean that the redirect is trying to execute for super users I think? But now to fix the error for too many redirects, why does it do this? Perhaps because the login module redirect is also set to the dummy page, is this perhaps the reason?

Go to cart
Home
How It Works
Browse Music Tracks
Composer Submissions
Our Composers
FAQ/Help
Contact Info
MetaMod debug info:
Module ID: 274
$option: com_content
$view: article
$id: 29
$Itemid: 108
$timezone: UTC
$language: en-us
$language_code: en
$language_region: us
Logged-in users only; no logged-in user found.

rhapsidee
Rhapsidee Music
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

Sorry I meant to take out the debug output - I get that when I go to the main site, then once trying to login as super user, get redirect loop error

rhapsidee
Rhapsidee Music
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

I got it working now. Turns out I didn't need a hidden menu. What I did was assign the redirect metamod module to the home page of the navigation menu for logged out/registered users. I also had to set the redirect menu for the joomla login module to that same home page. That's all, the direct works fine now.

Regards
Lindy

rhapsidee
Rhapsidee Music
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

Excellent! Well done for getting this working. This is a great use for MetaMod smile

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: