Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Top Level Domains Not working as they should like sub-domains?

Top Level Domains Not working as they should like sub-domains?

I've got a major issue with chameleon that I'm unable to figure out for some time now..

Firstly, to be able to understand this say I've got the following rules configured:

1. Main TLD Rule - mydomain.net (this is the joomla installation domain)
2. Sub Domain Site Rule - site1.mydomain.net
3. Another Main TLD Rule - customtld.com (this is a additional website Alias)

So my problem is whenever I use a New TLD (Top Level Domain) name like (no3) instead of the sub domain (no2) then I'm unable to register or login and most of the times it just shows no2 or no1's homepage on no3. So when I try to click on register or login the page just refreshes and does nothing.

But this doesn't happen when I use sub domains? (like with no2). Just with new TLD's (no3).

So I tried to include another test sub domain with rule 3's contents (like: www.customtld.com, customtld.com, test.mydomain.net) then when I go there everything works I can login and register and homepage is perfect!

I tested this with multiple domains and sub-domains and I get this result every time.

Have anyone ever got this same issues before?

Can someone please help me.
I've got Joomla 2.5

Your help will be much appreciated!
Thanks.
jhost

jhostweb
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Top Level Domains Not working as they should like sub-domains?

Hi Jhost,

can you confirm if this problem happens when Chameleon is turned off? (i.e. main system plugin disabled). So I'm trying to work out if this question is actually Chameleon-related.

I also suggest that you turn on Chameleon's Debug mode. It's in the Options when on the Chameleon rules page. When debug mode is on, you should see a list of steps shown on the front-end, whenever a page is generated. These show what conditions were tested and what the results were. This may shed more light on the situation.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Top Level Domains Not working as they should like sub-domains?

Hi Stephen,

I am completely sure it is a chameleon problem. Of course if I turn it off everything work 100% . But also everything works perfectly for all my rules except if I use a TLD instead of a Sub-domain then I'm unable to register and login. I don't understand why this is happening but pretty sure it has something to do with top level domains.

Any Ideas?
Thanks.

jhostweb
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: