Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Adding or removing groupe with a rules ?

Adding or removing groupe with a rules ?

Hello

I use in joomla 2.52 the chameleon2.27 to change template for multiple domains.

It's possible to add a group for all registred users with chameleon ?

for exemaple : user in domaine A : add group A / Remove group B
user in domaine B : add group B / remove group A

?
Thanls

preffray
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Adding or removing groupe with a rules ?

That's a really advanced concept, wow. Currently, the answer is no it can't. Thinking for the future, this would only work if there's a standard API that all other components call to determine whether the user is in a group or not, or to determine the list of groups that the user is in. If components ever get this info direct from the database, then this wouldn't work (because we don't want to actually change the group in the database, only dynamically in the current page view).

Another issue would be that some things get calculated before Chameleon would have the chance to add/remove groups. e.g. the routing of the current page. So if a group was not supposed to have access to a certain page, then this might be determined before Chameleon has a chance to modify the groups.

Anyway, amazing idea. If this is possible (in a future version of Chameleon) then it would help Chameleon to be able to affect even more things on your site: anything in any other component that can be affected by "group" could be dynamically controlled by Chameleon.

So I'm off to have a look at what might be possible...

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Adding or removing groupe with a rules ?

I had a look, and this looks really nasty. I'm not going to look any further - I don't think it's going to be possible to do without hacking Joomla itself, and I definitely don't go there.

Sorry,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: