Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Metamod and the event component Ohanah

Metamod and the event component Ohanah

Hi,
I'm using the www.ohanah.com component for joomla to manage events on my website.
The component is relatively simple and allow to show events on a google maps module.

The map can show all events or selected events by musical genre, that the user can select from a menu,
but I need to show the map with only events available on a specified selected day...and the component not allow this function.

I have configurate MetaMod Pro to show the specified map module but I need the php code to allow metamod to read when publish the map module when the user select the date.

For example if I select the day 31 August it show only events on this date and the query is like this:

view=events&calendar_start_date=2012-08-31&calendar_end_date=2012-08-31&filterEvents=

How I can allow metamod to show the map module with this kind of string.

I'm not a php developer.

Thanks in advance for the attention.
Regards.

openaspace
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Metamod and the event component Ohanah

Hi,
I have partially solved.
I have read the manual and see the Debug function.

Paste the code in the php field and setting the metamod to show on all pages i can see the module that appear on the page, but my metamod module will show the map module when the user select to show events from a specified city, and this selection can not be associated to any specified menu and i cant'select to show on all pages.

How i can solve this?

Thanks.

openaspace
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Now enabling the advanced mode I see this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_RETURN in /home/mywebsite/public_html/modules/mod_metamod/helper.php(597) : eval()'d code on line 10
Including modules: 150

150 is the map module that i need to include.

A clarification question:
The metamod module and the module to include, how needs to be associated with a defined menu item? or it can leave without association and the metamod will show the module 150 when identify the php code?

Thanks.

openaspace
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hi openaspace,

The Parse error you are getting is due to a typo in the PHP code that you are using. My guess is that you forgot a closing bracket ")" before a "return" statement? If you fix that, the PHP code will start to work again, and you can see if it's doing what it's supposed to.

It sounds like you are pretty close to getting some things working.

On your clarification question:
- you can put the MetaMod on a specified menu item(s) if you like. Then the PHP code ONLY gets run on those menu items. If you know that the PHP only needs to be evaluated on certain menu items, then this is good to do as it will be more efficient
- if you need the PHP evaluated on ALL menu items, then just keep the MetaMod assigned to all menu items.

Regarding your post #2:
- I'm not following what you are saying. Can you please paste the PHP code you are using here, and explain (1) what you WANT to happen, and (2) what's ACTUALLY happening?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: