Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Joomfish error with some component backend

Joomfish error with some component backend

Hi Stephen, I am not sure if this is related to Chameleon or Metamodpro, but this error seems to have appeared recently when I upgraded to joomfish 2.2.3.

When I rolled back to Joomfish 2.1.7 the backend went back to normal, but then the frontend was a mess. I could see some Chameleon php error there.

So basicaly it's when I try to access Huru Helpdesk (or it's custom duplicated Bili Helpdesk) on the backend. The following error appears:

Code:

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/guitar88/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomfish/tables/JFLanguage.php on line 222

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/guitar88/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomfish/tables/JFLanguage.php on line 222

Fatal error: Call to a member function bind() on a non-object in /home/guitar88/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomfish/tables/JFLanguage.php on line 410
]

I've checked these lines on a php editor but there's not much there. I really don't have any clue.

Here are the lines:

JFLanguage.php line 222

Code:

/**

* @var string The short iso code of the language files. Can be entered manually

* @access public

*/

public $lang_code='';

JFLanguage.php line 410

Code:

/**

* Method to set object attributes

* This method automatically updates the deprecated attributes corresponding to the definition

* @access    public

* @since    2.1

* @param    string $property

* @param    any $value

* @return    object    previous value

*/

public function __set($property, $value = null) {

$previous = parent::set($property, $value);

Cheers.

Edited By: atherrien
24-May-12 20:38:45

atherrien
Modder Extraordinaire
ranks
useravatar
140 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Joomfish error with some component backend

ouch, that's a bit nasty.

I did some testing and couldn't replicate the problem, but that's probably because of the particular rules you are using.

I noticed in the JF instructions that it was important that you don't just install the new version on top of the old one, but uninstall the old one first, then install the new one. If you didn't do that, could that have been the problem?

If it wasn't due to the upgrade method, then can you please send me any more information about the particular rules that are causing it to trip up?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen, thank you for your reply. Honestly I did not know I had to uninstall the JF previous version. I did a lot of testing and backup restore. The problem is not solved but the only downside to it is that I cannot access Huru Helpdesk's backend. I needed that component backend to add users and such.

I have solved the problem by adding users and giving admin status directly in the Huru Helpdesk's database.

Huru is not supported anymore, at least for j.15. That being said I decided to expand Huru using Seblod 2.x. Simon Dowdles from SA have decided to help me. I am quite amazed by the Seblod kit, I will be able to write the table for Huru Helpdesk I needed since last year, and It will be done by importing all Huru usefull content field data in new Seblod tables and parse or query them as I wish.

Here's a good intro to Seblod by sdowles.:
http://vimeo.com/30725341

Do you think he would have a chance to be invited in the next Joomla & Beyond Conference? I would love to give him a hand... he is self thought as well.

Cheers.
Alex

Edit: Seblod is a sponsor at J&B 2012 and 2 of it's senior member are invited for a talk. slapoux and aboussin.

atherrien
Modder Extraordinaire
ranks
useravatar
140 Posts

Hi Alex,

yes, Seblod is amazing. They were at JAB11 and JAB12.

It's really hard to know how/if any other components are preventing access to Huru Helpdesk's backend (i.e. via administrator?). That's quite unusual and it's unlikely that the JF Router would have any effect on it, as that's a frontend thing.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: