Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

module loaded but with diferent module suffix

module loaded but with diferent module suffix

Hi!

First of all, congratulations on this amazing module.
I want to use for many things, however, for now i just want to accomplish the following.

When a user register on the site it all goes ok, but when pressing the activation link it leads to a page with no itemid and so i can't assign modules to that page...

the link of that page is: /index.php?option=com_users&view=login

i assigned the metamod module to all pages and he shows up on that page as well... but all messed up. I've activated the debug:

MetaMod informação de depuração:
Module ID: 311
$option: com_users
$view: login
$id:
$Itemid:
$timezone: Europe/Lisbon
$language: pt-pt
$language_code: pt
$language_region: pt
Incluindo módulos: 263

So i went to the frontpage and see that the module is replicated.. the original module is fine, the metamod module is without any formatting. I've checked the html and noticed that the metamod module is not pulling up the module suffix from the module 263.

So the correct module is with "class=box ultimasentradas" and the metamod module with "class=box". Any way to put the metamod only showing up on /index.php?option=com_users&view=login and with the correct class ?

thanks

Edited By: stblink
17-May-12 19:46:09

stblink
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: module loaded but with diferent module suffix

Hi stblink,

good debugging work - well done.

1 - the reason you are getting a duplicate of the module is that the MetaMod can't prevent the "target" module (263) showing up, if it's assigned to a valid page(s) and/or module position(s). All MetaMod can do is to show something on the page, not remove something that's already there. [actually with the Pro version you can do that, but that's a different matter].

So, I'd suggest that you take the target module and assign it to "none" module positions. Then it will only show up when MetaMod includes it.

2 - the module class suffix. This is a trickier situation, and if all else fails you may need to "go Pro" in order to get it working properly.
The issue is that without Pro, you have 2 lots of HTML appearing. There's the basic MetaMod module's HTML "wrapper", then inside that you have the module that it's including.
Now on every page where the MetaMod is assigned, you're going to get that "wrapper" HTML. But only on the login page is the MetaMod going to decide to include the target module.

So every page is going to have some HTML, and the login page is going to have nested HTML.

Sometimes it works to put the module class suffix in the MetaMod. But this may cause the MetaMod itself to be styled (background color etc), and that may not look very good if the MetaMod is empty.

Therefore I recommend that you put in a "fake" class suffix for the MetaMod, eg. "-fake". Often this is enough to make the CSS rules disregard styling the outer MetaMod, and hopefulyl still style the included module, but that really depends on the exact html/css in your template.

Then, I would try the different styling options in MetaMod to include the inner module. The best bet is to examine your template's index.php file and see if there was a style specified for the module position that it's in. e.g.:

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="position-7" style="beezDivision" headerLevel="3" />

If you get a "style" parameter like this, you should enter this into the "style override" box in MetaMod. If instead you had a line like this for the module position:

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="left" style="rounded" />

... then you can use the dropdown in MetaMod to select "Multiple divs (for rounded corners)". In fact I'd try all the different options in that dropdown to see if there's one that works properly.

So the options again:
a - set a fake class suffix in the MetaMod
b - and try different options for the "Style for included modules" or "Style override for included modules"
c - and set/keep the module class suffix in the target module

OR
d - get MetaMod Pro. MetaMod Pro completely removes the HTML "wrapper" that the MetaMod module would normally have added around the target module. This means that the empty MetaMod module does not show up at all on pages where it does not include any other modules. And, when it does cause a module or modules to appear on a page, there's no additional HTML surrounding them.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

hello metamodguy
i did buy metamod pro now but it did not fix my modules suffix yet.
please help me to show my modules as normal!
thank you

asishlla
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
20 Posts

its ok thanks

asishlla
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
20 Posts

Is everything ok? Please shout out if you need help.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

thank you man every thing is ok
best extesion ever!!

asishlla
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
20 Posts

Great :-)

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: