Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Show module on Community Builder registration page

Show module on Community Builder registration page

Hello,

First thanks for this great mod!

I am looking for a recipe that would enable me to show modules on the Community Builder registration page, despite how the user navigate to that page. I guess there should be some sort of URL based recipe.

As it is now, I can show the module if the user use the menu to navigate to "register new account". But if they are to use "create account" link on the forums component or via the login module, which will both take them to the same Community Builder registration page, then the module won't show...

Please advice.

Thank you.

Macer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Show module on Community Builder registration page

Hi Macer,

can you please turn on Advanced Debug mode in the MetaMod, assign it to ALL pages, then take a look at the CB registration page? Then copy and paste the code that it spits out into this forum. With a little trimming, this will allow MetaMod to identify the CB registration page.

Once you have that code, then you will assign a MetaMod to ALL pages (probably), and use the code in the MetaMod to include your target module ONLY on pages where it detects that it's the registration page.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Show module on Community Builder registration page

ps yes you could do a URL-based recipe, but the code that the debug mode gives you will usually work no matter what the URL is, so it survives URL changes, SEF URLs or not, etc. It's basically more robust.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: