Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaMod Not Working With Menu

MetaMod Not Working With Menu

Hello,

I'm using Joomla 1.5 with RocketTheme/Gantry and I'm trying to serve up a special menu for authenticated users.  I have followed all of the tutorials and issues and nothing I do causes the correct menu to show up.  I switched from a "usertype" check to just MM_LOGGED_IN/MM_NOT_LOGGED_IN and this didn't work either.

Finally, I tried plugging in some specific, embeddable calendars that I would like to serve to certain users and this didn't work either. 

I'm beating my head against the wall trying to get MetaMod to work with Jevents and am not having much luck. 

Any help help with this would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

tylerdurden70
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaMod Not Working With Menu

Hi Tyler,

Here's a checklist:

1 - the MetaMod must be published, and set to at least some menu items (e.g. start with ALL, and trim down if necessary)
2 - MetaMod must be set to appear in a valid module position.

To test 1-2, turn on Debug mode in the MetaMod and ensure that you get some debug output in the module position when you view some pages.

3 - the "target" menu modules must be disabled in some way, e.g. set to "none" menu items, or set to a module position that does not actually appear on the page.

Naturally, the whole thing is only going to work if the menus that you are trying to swap around are actually modules. If the Gantry framework does funky things with its main menu (e.g. if it's not done via modules) then this approach may not work.

The embeddable calendar modules that you talk about may be a better test case than menu modules, so try the advice above for the calendar modules first, then once you have those working then work on the menus.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: