Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Community Builder Conflict Session Expired on Login/out

Community Builder Conflict Session Expired on Login/out

----------------------------------------
CB Version= 1.2.1
MetaMod Version = 2.1
Joomla Version = 4.0.11 Stable 1.5.12
URL: http://sfspeedtrap.com/
----------------------------------------
Here is the recipe I am using, however I believe this is not causing the problem, unless it is related to Module Positions as some CB moderators have suggested:

if ( MM_NOT_LOGGED_IN ) return "1,20";

if (
$option == 'com_content'
and $view == 'article'
and $id == '2'
and $Itemid == '1'
and JRequest::getVar('layout') == 'default' /*!*/
) return 18;

if (
$option == 'com_content'
and $view == 'frontpage'
and $Itemid == '1'
and JRequest::getVar('limit') == 9 /*!*/
) return "1,20";

if (
$option == 'com_content'
and $view == 'article'
and $id == '1'
and $Itemid == '15'
) return 18;

if (
$option == 'com_content'
and $view == 'article'
and $id == '3'
and $Itemid == '17'
) return 18;

if (
$option == 'com_virtuemart'
and JRequest::getVar('page') == 'shop.product_details' /*!*/
and JRequest::getVar('category_id') == NULL /*!*/
and $Itemid == '4'
and JRequest::getVar('product_id') == '1' /*!*/
and JRequest::getVar('vmcchk') == '1'
) return 18;

Problem: I am getting the following error message when trying to log into my site via CB. I do not get the message when using Joomla Login form, because CB is the only one with a PHP function called spoof check. The spoof check is returned false if the date or module positions are changed. This is a problem plastered all over CB forums.

******* Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in. ********

I ordered Pro hoping that it would not have this issue, but it still persists. It happens usually around 1-4pm and will stop on its own the next day... this is why I suspect it might have to do with the time stamp (maybe I didn't format the time stamp correctly?). I set the time to both "Joomla Default" and "Mexico City" (which is my joomla default). No luck though. The only thing that works is to remove CB's simple spoof check "=false" function from the comprofiler.php page in the Comprofiler Front-End Component directory.

elanishere
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Community Builder Conflict Session Expired on Login/out

Hi Elanishere,

I looked through the CB forums for more clues about this issue. I found this thread (one of many): http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/op … itstart,0/

Beat's answer on page 2 was that the problem is most often caused by modules that use AJAX and end up resetting cookies etc.

I also had a good look through parts of the CB source code, and I can't see anywhere where the cookie checking code cares about exactly which module or module position contained the registration form.

My conclusion at this time is that unless you can demonstrate that when the CB login module is used without MetaMod there is no problem, and when you use it WITH MetaMod there is a problem, that MetaMod doesn't have anything to do with the session issues. I think you're in the same boat as all the other people that are having registration issues and can't find out exactly why.

Especially with MetaMod Pro, the exact HTML output of the page should be identical whether a module is included by MetaMod, or the module is placed onto the page without MetaMod involved. MetaMod (&Pro) do not add any JS or AJAX or additional CSS/JS file includes onto the page.

I didn't find any posts on their forum regarding this issue and blaming it on module positions. Can you send me any links to posts where this is mentioned?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi I have exactly the same problem (just fiddled around a bit and found out that joomfish may be involved as well (don't know if you have it installed that) I am trying to find where I can do the modification you brought to CB comprofiler to fix the issue. could you be more specific on which file and what in the file has to be modified ?
Thanks

dididounet
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hi dididounet and elanishere,

I just want to repeat that as far as I can see, MetaMod does not seem to be involved with the problem. No-one yet has been able to demonstrate that the problem only occurs when MetaMod is installed. It seems like a generic CB problem that lots of people are having. If someone can demonstrate MetaMod causing an issue then I will definitely try to find out why, and find a solution.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

I'm having a similar issue with loading rockettheme's moxy login through metamod with the error: " Your session has expired. Please log in again. "

Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm using Jomsocial... and by the looks of it, alot of people are having this problem with Jomsocial.

zbabyface
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

zbabyface,

I just want to repeat what I wrote in my last post in this thread: there's no evidence that MetaMod is involved in the problem here. From everything I found out at the time, the problem happens just the same if the login module is placed onto the page without MetaMod being involved.

MetaMod simply controls when the modules are placed on the page. Fundamentally it doesn't touch things involved with sessions or logins. Therefore it's extremely unlikely theoretically that MetaMod would affect the situation. If you can prove that the problem ONLY occurs when MetaMod places the login module onto the page then I will be happy to look again. The fact that other people are reporting the problem (and I guess not using MetaMod) suggests that it's a deeper underlying problem in JomSocial, CommunityBuilder and/or Joomla itself.

I'm not trying to hide my head under the sand... as hundreds of people on this forum have found, I go to great lengths to find and fix problems that get reported. In this case, I am convinced that it's not due to MetaMod, and that fixing it is a job for JomSocial and/or CommunityBuilder experts.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: