Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Just want to use MetaMod to exclude/include countries

Just want to use MetaMod to exclude/include countries

Hi,

I appreciate that MetaMod Pro can do a million things, and maybe sometime in the future that will be useful for me. But all I bought it for was its ability to show modules based on country IP (i.e. I want UK/US -specific ad campaigns to only show in their own country. I have installed geoip as per instructions and filled in the 'Only these countries' section to include solely 'GB' (Great Britain) for one particular ad campaign - which is still showing up in the USA.

Can someone either advise me specifically or point me to a tute that will help in this case? I'm not looking for a whole new field of activity with MetaMod, just to achieve one particular end, and I'd be very grateful.

Running latest version of Joomla 1.5 + latest version of MetaMod Pro (installed two days ago). Site is http://www.shadowlocked.com/.

Thank you in advance.

MartinAnderson1
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Just want to use MetaMod to exclude/include countries

Hi Martin,

This may simply be a case where you need to remember to "disable" the target module (i.e. the actual UK/US ad) in some way. The best way is to keep it set to published, but select Module Assignment: No Pages.

The MetaMod itself has to remain published and set to display on whatever pages you want the ads to appear on.

Then set Enable GeoIP/GeoCity to "GeoIP Country (free or commercial)", enter the id of the ad module into "quick module id or position include", and "GB" into the "only these countries" box.

If it still doesn't work, please write back.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Do you mean to leave the target module published and de-assign it from 'Menu Assignment'? I do not understand what you mean by 'Module Assignment: No Pages' - I see no such option. I position these modules using the 'Position' and 'Order' drop-down menus in the editor page.

I'd be very grateful for clarification, as it takes an unusually long time to test whether this country-specific setting is working or not.

Regards,

Martin

MartinAnderson1
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Martin,
sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. I see from your other thread that you managed to get the GeoIP mostly working except for the caching issues. If you need any more help on the configuration please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: