MetaMod 2.x IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE - DOWNLOAD NOW
Users of MetaMod Pro will need to upgrade both MetaMod and MetaMod Pro in order to take advantage of all the new features.
- Include module positions, not just module IDs
- Before v2.0, MetaMod could only include individual module IDs. This made it necessary to edit the MetaMod every time there was a new module that you wanted to include.
- Now, you can tell the MetaMod to include an entire module position, and it will include all the modules in that position. To assign more modules under the control of the MetaMod, just give each of the modules that module position, and the MetaMod will include them automatically.
- Example code:
- return "right, special, 34, 101, 23";
- Auto-publish (available on both MetaMod and MetaMod PRO)
- MetaMod can now include modules that are unpublished. Any unpublished modules included by MetaMod get automatically published by default (this can be disabled if you prefer).
- This is useful so that you don’t have to set all the modules you are including to “Menu Assignment: none” – just keep them unpublished, and MetaMod can still include them and publish them.
- Stylish new “Available Modules” table
- Did you ever find it difficult to find a module ID in the Available Modules table?
- If so, then you’ll appreciate the newly designed form, with scrollers, sortable columns, and a switch for including disabled modules as well as enabled ones.
- Page Identification mode auto-generates code!
- One of the most frequently asked questions about MetaMod is “How do I get a module to display on only the XYZ page?”. Working out how to identify the page, and writing PHP code to achieve this can be a challenge.
- The new Page Identification feature can be activated by turning on “Advanced Debugging” in any MetaMod.
- When this is activated, a debugging panel is displayed in the front end, giving suggested PHP code to identify whichever page is currently being viewed.
- See this page for more information.
- Control internal parameters of the modules you are including
- This is huge!
- Let’s say you have a large number of polls, and you want to display them randomly on your front page. It’s boring to create a module for each one of them... so just create ONE poll module, and use the MetaMod to include it on the front page and set the id of that module to a random number each time.
- Transform any type of module that is only capable of displaying one pre-set item (perhaps a menu, a category, a shop item, a poll etc etc) into a fully dynamic module that can be controlled programmatically.
- Now MetaMod not only controls whether or not a module appears on a page, but how it looks and acts as well:
- dynamically change the title text
- dynamically show/hide the title
- dynamically change the access level
- dynamically publish/unpublish the module
- dynamically change module class suffix and module cache parameters, even for modules that don’t offer that functionality
- dynamically alter any other parameters for any Joomla module!
- With MetaMod Pro, you can control the parameters for any modules on the page, not just that ones “included” by MetaMod.
- Example code to change various parameters of module 19:
->title("This is the new title")
- See this page for more information.
- Integration with Artisteer templates
- A bug has been fixed that prevented MetaMod from working properly with Artisteer templates.
- The MetaMod configuration screen, plus all debug output from MetaMod is now translatable. If you can help with the translation effort, please get in touch and I’ll send you instructions.
- So far we have Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian, French and German complete, but I would like to add as many more as possible.
... Stephen Brandon, October 2009
Last Updated on Monday, 11 November 2013 20:45