MetaMod. Free your Joomla modules.
Want to set start and end dates for when your Joomla modules display? Wish you could set up your modules so that guests connecting from the USA see a different module to people connecting from Germany? Ever needed to restrict modules by IP address, or wanted to show a particular module on an individual Content page?
Now you can! MetaMod is a “Meta Module” – a module that includes other modules, according to rules that you set up.
With the free GeoLite Country database from MaxMind, you can detect the country of each site visitor, and base your rules on it (GeoIP targeting).
Free – Versatile – Download Now!
v2.12 for Joomla 1.5, released 31 Oct 2011
v3.14 for Joomla 1.7-3.1, released 14 Jul 2013
- Make modules appear at certain times of the day, or give them start and end publishing dates (great for radio/TV/broadcasting sites)
- Control modules based on text found in the main component of the page, or the meta-keywords or meta-description of the page. If a certain word or phrase is found... a certain module appears!
- Control modules such as FacileForms (show a different form based on where in the world someone is connecting from, etc.)
- Show different modules to people connecting from different countries (“include” list and “exclude” list)
- Show a module if a certain user is logged in to the front-end of your site (e.g. for tech support)
- Turn blocks of modules on and off together (one MetaMod can control a series of other modules)
- Make modules appear and disappear, or alternative modules appear, for different users, based on user type, group or even login name
- Make a module disappear once someone has logged in (there’s no standard way to do this in Joomla!)
- Use different modules depending on the language of the user’s browser
- Use different modules depending on the user’s browser & browser version (e.g. a different module for Firefox versus Internet Explorer)
- Show different modules depending on what Section and/or Category the main article on the page is in (this is powerful!)
- Display different modules on different pages in VirtueMart / JReviews / Community Builder / many others – e.g. show a specific module when a particular VirtueMart product / category or checkout page is displayed...
You can interface with any other information you have in your Joomla database, and make a tree of rules, e.g.
- For people outside the US show module 22,
- Else if they are not logged in show module 23,
- Else if they have not donated recently show the donation form,
- Else if they have already donated show a “thank you” message...
Last Updated on Monday, 11 November 2013 20:46