Basic installation steps for the MetaMod module for Joomla 1.5.x, and (optionally) GeoIP databases.
1. Install the mod_metamod basic package
Install the mod_metamod-1-5x.zip package into Joomla! in the usual way:
- In the Administrator back-end of your site, click on the “Extensions–>Install/Uninstall” menu
- Click on “Choose File”, select the mod_metamod-1-5x.zip file,
- Click on “Upload File and Install”.
2. (optional, for GeoIP functionality) GeoIP Country/City database
- Download the MaxMind GeoLite Country database, uncompress it (it's in gz format), then place it at the location geoip/GeoIP.dat in the Joomla installation on your web server (you will usually require an FTP or SFTP client to upload this to your site).
- For even more power, download the Maxmind GeoLite City database, and install it at geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat. This gives you the ability to make module rules based on the city/state/county/area code/postal code/latitude/longitude of the person viewing the site.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2009 03:16