Are there any incompatibility issues between MetaMod Pro and other extensions?
- Date added:
- Friday, 29 October 2010
- Last revised:
- Monday, 15 November 2010
MetaMod Pro, like some other Joomla components, overrides a core Joomla class in order to provide extended functionality for modules. This means that there are some extensions that are incompatible with MetaMod Pro because they both try to override the same class, and it doesn’t work. There are some other components that due to sloppy coding won’t work directly but can be easily made to work with MetaMod Pro(*).
As the Joomla extension landscape is continually changing, this is not a complete list, and changes can occur at any time. It's a good idea to search/ask on the forum if you have any concerns about a particular component.
Known affected components:
- Advanced Module Manager (old versions) of AMM are incompatible. Recent versions are definitely compatible.
- Templates based on the T3v2 framework before 15 November 2010. As of 15 November 2010 new releases of MetaMod Pro (v2.6) and the T3V2 framework plugin (JA T3 Framework V 1.2.0) have fixed this problem.
- module2url (system plugin)
- BreezingForms (some versions). Later versions of BF may have fixed the issue – and there’s a simple 1-line fix available for the affected versions available on the forum, so it’s easy to get them to work together.
- A Content plugin called “module”, used for inserting modules into different places on your site. A recommended alternative is ModulesAnywhere. (“module” can be fixed using the technique below)
(*) The bad coding usually looks something like this:require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php');
and should be replaced with this:jimport('joomla.application.module.helper');