Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

Linked Article will Not Respond to MTP

Linked Article will Not Respond to MTP

Hi Stephen,

I have a series of 3 rules targeting my 'inside template' at VM and my 'HomePage' template targeting HomePage - it all works well. 

Today I have downloaded the LinkR module to allow the creation of a link to an internal article ( "Privacy Policy") located on the footer.

I create a new rule in which I Identify "Privacy Policy" by it's article ID no. 6 and ask the preceeding rule to "process next rule" ie my LinkR rule.

the mystery is that my "Privacy Policy" article appears on the correct template when invoked from the footer of 1 particular page BUT appears on the wrong  template when invoked from the footer of any other page.

I have also tried creating a rule by selecting com_linkr - same result

also tried by giving Privacy Policy a unique section / category - same result

I'm stumped - any ideas ?

Many thanks Vince

Edited By: vincej
09-Oct-10 00:07:14

vincej
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Linked Article will Not Respond to MTP

Hi Vince,

I just tried this on my test server, with the latest version of com_linkr. It seems to work fine, when accessing the article via a menu link, or accessing it via a linkr link inside another article. I tried it with both SEF URLs off, and turned on (using standard Joomla SEF).

I did notice that with SEF turned off, the URLs coming out of com_linkr are a bit mangled, though Joomla still managed to decipher them.

e.g. index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=3%3Anewsflash&id=42%3Anewsflash-4&Itemid=29

The two "%3A" things in there should be ":" I think. Perhaps these are confusing things?

Could you write back with the exact URLs that are appearing on the page that works, and the one(s) that don't work? There must be some kind of difference between the two. It would also help if you could repeat the experiment with SEF URLs turned off completely.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory

metamodguy
useravatar
2847 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen - thanks for the rapid reply,

SEF: Off. Here is the link that works:

http://localhost/teashop/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6%3Aprivacy-policy&Itemid=2

SEF: Off
Here is a link that doesn't work:

http://localhost/teashop/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6:privacy-policy

SEF: ON  Link works

http://localhost/teashop/index.php/about-tea-shop/6-privacy-policy

SEF: ON  Link doesn't Work

http://localhost/teashop/index.php/component/content/article/6-privacy-policy

vincej
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Vince,

the difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't work is that the ones that *do* work have Itemids. You can see that with SEF on, the one the works has transformed itself into a proper SEF URL, while the other one starts with "component/content...".

I wonder if you might have used the "Menus and menu items" selector as well as the article selector, in the same rule? If so, MetaTemplate will be trying to match both the article id AND the menu item. So without the Itemid, no URL is going to make the rule succeed.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory

metamodguy
useravatar
2847 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: