Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.
Before posting, please check out the FAQs.
MetaTemplate Pro 1.5c released
MetaTemplate Pro 1.5c released
MetaTemplate Pro v1.5c, released on July 28, 2010.
[note: version 1.5c was released soon after version 1.5 - if you downloaded 1.5 please upgrade to 1.5c]
Existing customers: to download the latest version of MetaTemplate Pro:
- Go to your “My Account” page
- Log in with your username and password
- Click on “View” next to your confirmed order
- Scroll down past the invoice until you see the Order Items section
- Click on MetaTemplate1-5.zip to download it.
This is a significant new release. The VirtueMart controls only show up when VM is installed - but then they give you a whole lot of wonderful control over what pages will get a new template.
The "default" menu item setting in the Succeed and Fail actions was suggested on this forum and is a great idea. It could be very useful in conjunction with the use of different templates for subdomains.
sh404SEF handling is much improved, but you still have to make sure that the sh404SEF plugin appears before the MetaTemplate plugin, or it still won't work.
People have been asking for iPad/iPod/iPhone support, so I went even further and added Android, OmniWeb, and a bunch of search bots. Now you can provide a different template for the bots if you should ever need to do so!
The MaxMind GeoIP database downloads now work a LOT better. In particular it should now be possible to download the GeoLiteCity database which almost never worked before. I just wish the City accuracy was better than it is, as this is a real limiting factor in the usefulness of GeoLiteCity.
Last but not least, a lot of work has gone into JomGenius support. You'll probably only need this if you ever need to write PHP rules, but if you do, you'll appreciate it. It massively simplifies the PHP required for lots of different scenarios - many things become a 1-line operation. One function you might like is called "inTimeSpan" which makes it extra easy to specify time periods in your PHP rules. See http://www.metamodpro.com/jomgenius/parameters for details.
- New VirtueMart controls (e.g. page types, product ids, category ids, and cart contents)
- New Page Type controls (e.g. frontpage, article, etc)
- Added iPad, android, and many other bots and browsers to browser detection
- Improved downloading of MaxMind Country and City GeoIP databases
- added JomGenius support
- As a result of a rule SUCCEED or FAIL, you can now change the "default" menu item. This affects the page that will show up when no other page is in the URL (e.g. http://www.domain.com/), but does not automatically redirect to this page.
- Some interface changes (e.g. moved SUCCEED and FAIL actions to right panel)
- Fixed sh404 integration and some minor bugs
- Improved UTF-8 compatibility
- Timezone functions no longer set the TZ environment variable on PHP5
- Improved proxy handling of IP addresses for GeoIP
And as always, feedback is appreciated. Most of the changes in this release are as a result of your feedback!
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky